INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use heated dog dishes...2 gallon...they work great.
Considered those, too. Afraid chickens would perch on them & poop in the water; don't know about ducks
idunno.gif

I don't think that would work on this. It needs to be stitched. I can use regular quilting thread but I thought I heard that dental floss works. I've never done anything like this but I've heard of people who have. Thought someone here might know.

where can i buy the small chickens to raise?
A great place to find eggs CHEAP! post #7755

ASK on CL!

Quote: mornin Kat!

Quote:
@Sally Sunshine , @Ur-ur-ur-urrr ,
Either of you able to read the label (or remember) to determine the manufacturer? Searched TSC & Jeffers and come up empty, except for one 3-gal plastic one that everyone in the world gives bad reviews on.
hang on a minute was doing dishes and wash give me some time

Hi Everyone, I need a little help. One of my older roosters attacked one of my 7 week old roosters and now he has a large flap of skin hanging off his head. Must have been a clean cut because there isn't any blood anywhere other than a little bit where the skin was broken. I want to stitch it back together...what should I use to do that?
HAWK!!! awwww @casportpony can you help

2 fridges down
6 calls to go
you go Jack!

Hi Everyone, I need a little help. One of my older roosters attacked one of my 7 week old roosters and now he has a large flap of skin hanging off his head. Must have been a clean cut because there isn't any blood anywhere other than a little bit where the skin was broken. I want to stitch it back together...what should I use to do that?
I had surgery a couple years ago, & the doctor glued the incision shut; medical version of Super Glue. If you know a Dr. or OR nurse you might want to ask them.
Better yet, ask a vet; they know more than people dr's anyway

Last edited:
@Sally Sunshine and @Hawk12, I know nothing about suturing wounds. Know how to clean them, but haven't ever sutured one.

-Kathy

Last edited:
I don't think that would work on this. It needs to be stitched. I can use regular quilting thread but I thought I heard that dental floss works. I've never done anything like this but I've heard of people who have. Thought someone here might know.
do you have tylan to wash the wound with before you close it?
I wouldn't suggest sewing a wound closed yourself, since the potential for secondary infection is so high but if your going to, before you close the wound, you will need to clean out any foreign matter, wash with disinfectant material, and prepare the edges of the wound to make a complete and proper suture. Use a syringe to irrigate the wound with saline or other antibacterial fluid. I have vet glue I will assume you can close the edges after cleaning with the same and I am not sure if its the same as super glue. on the head it should work find as there isnt much pull apart unless it gets tight because of straightening edges?

And do if you use a nylon sewing thread, please dip it in iodine for a while before you start.

AGAIN I think the main issue is knowing if it will need to drain or not... I am not a vet but I think with a big enough flap this will be an issue

Last edited:
One of my chicks turned out to be a frizzle (my favorite one)! And I think one might be silkied. Does anyone have pictures of silkied Seramas as chicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom