INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning I went down to the coop and found my 2 mille fleur cockerals laying next to the duccle hen and the serama OEGB cross. So I took them out and they looked fine except their combs were a bit odd looking. One of them would ea and drink and the other was pretty much dead
hit.gif
So, I got all the other birds out of the "tiny" coop and put them in that. While I was getting everyone out I put the lifeless cockeral inbetween my feet so no one would mess with him. Then, my RIR hen flipped him over and started attacking him
barnie.gif
he.gif
Then the Leghorn hen did the same thing to the other one just a few feet away from me! Luckily, he is a little bit mobile. I put them in the coop with their sister and gave them food and offered them water. The other cockeral cant stand so I propped him up. I dug a hole to bury him in. I would cull him but I don't have the heart. This is why I like bantams
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Good morning again! This thread is even funnier if you catch up by going backwards....Especially the morning coffee.....

Great coop photos, even better chickie photos, nasty poop photos, No school for Mardi Gras - how fun!! I was just a kid when the King died but I remember it!! I have a house in Spotsylvania, VA - if these tenants ever move out, I'm going to go back for a visit! Sorry about the twisted beak!!

I've sold all but 9 of my Silkie babies that hatched over the last few months. Of these 9, all but the smallest ones will be moved out to the new coop. Still don't have power out there, but have a VERY long extension cord.

We are supposed to hit the 80's today, but the wind is horrible. Even worse then yesterday. We are losing branches from our VERY tall trees. We are getting more of the 60 MPH gusts than the 25 to 40 MPH winds....
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]
High Wind Warning remains in effect until 2 PM PST this afternoon.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]
  • Winds: Northeast winds between 25 and 40 mph with gusts to between 60 mph will persist into the early afternoon. Advisory level wind gusts will likely continue through early Tuesday afternoon.
[/COLOR]

I will take these winds over the snow that others are getting.

Stay safe, warm and dry everyone!!

4/4 silkies hatched
2/4 mutts hatched
Hearing some chirps this mornin, fingers crossed.

Silkies in transit to the brooder

This little one was the only one I could get to look at the camera, guess the rest were too shy, or tired.

Goodd morning whites, Chaos, daxi, fresno, MC, and any others I might have missed... :frow

Ur! Howdy! :frow

I'm on day 9 now... Halfway to lockdown!!! :celebrate

I'm at work, but I'm so antsy about my eggs in lockdown - completely fidgety, tapping foot, want to be at home to watch over them! I'm worried about the eggs with the small-looking air cells (though I realize I can't do anything at this point). 

I have a bunch of meetings, and later a dental appointment, but I really want to be at home to stare at the 'bator. Not do anything, just stare at it. 

I'm losing my mind - someone talk me off the ledge, folks!!!!:barnie  

- Ant Farm 

Huh, I thought you fell of long ago! :lau

Sorry, sorry... :oops:
No idea how to help, I am clinging on by my fingernails too. :gig

You should have called in sick today.... 3 day bug. If that doesn't work, call in dead. They can't argue death. Just saying... :cool:

:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau
That sounds fantastic!

So this morning I went down to the coop and found my 2 mille fleur cockerals laying next to the duccle hen and the serama OEGB cross. So I took them out and they looked fine except their combs were a bit odd looking. One of them would ea and drink and the other was pretty much dead:hit So, I got all the other birds out of the "tiny" coop and put them in that. While I was getting everyone out I put the lifeless cockeral inbetween my feet so no one would mess with him. Then, my RIR hen flipped him over and started attacking him:barnie :he  Then the Leghorn hen did the same thing to the other one just a few feet away from me! Luckily, he is a little bit mobile. I put them in the coop with their sister and gave them food and offered them water. The other cockeral cant stand so I propped him up. I dug a hole to bury him in. I would cull him but I don't have the heart. This is why I like bantams :hit :hit :hit

:hit oh no that's terrible! :hugs

4/4 silkies hatched
2/4 mutts hatched
Hearing some chirps this mornin, fingers crossed.

Silkies in transit to the brooder

This little one was the only one I could get to look at the camera, guess the rest were too shy, or tired.

:yesss: :love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom