INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only ever seen one or two in poultry poop, or huge amounts like that in necropsy pictures. Not sure what I would do if I found a pile like that in my coop. I'd worm, just don't know if I'd use Safeguard or pyrantel pamoate... and I would worm knowing that worming might actually kill the bird. Would probably also give fluids either orally or subcutaneously if it were one of my beloved peafowl or turkeys.

-Kathy
how much safeguard? It is one of the ms birds so sell or die it is leaving. I was told to worm twice a year and could start in the spring since they were all young this last fall. Anyone who sees this no how wrong that advice was.

If she were mine and I decided to use Safeguard I think I would give 0.23ml per pound for five days in a row, that will treat all worms, but if you want to treat just the large roundworms, give it once and repeat in 10 days.

-Kathy

It is hanging... which is easy to tell if you look at the "full-size" pic(s). Left clicking on pics opens them in the site's default viewer, but if you right click on pics and open them in a new tab or window, they'll open in original size. There's your tip of the day...
wink.png

As far as reliability, I can't say. Seems like a lot of weight pushing against the three little tabs that hold it together. It's just temporary until I build a larger waterer with horizontal nipples. Haven't ran across a food-grade 3 gallon bucket just yet, but I will. Will also do away with the feeder once I get enough PVC to build a new feeder.

I thought it was hanging but wanted to be sure. Yeah, it didn't seem as secure as I'd like for hanging, so I use concrete blocks. Seems to be well put together, but same brand (Harris) feeder just broke while being filled (all tabs cracked), so my confidence isn't great...

big_smile.png

I'm going to do buckets and PVC nipple waterers for everyone eventually. It's on the list...

- Ant Farm

I thought it was hanging but wanted to be sure. Yeah, it didn't seem as secure as I'd like for hanging, so I use concrete blocks. Seems to be well put together, but same brand (Harris) feeder just broke while being filled (all tabs cracked), so my confidence isn't great...

big_smile.png

I'm going to do buckets and PVC nipple waterers for everyone eventually. It's on the list...

- Ant Farm
I certainly wouldn't trust either for long-term use. I have one of those "eventually lists" as well...
cool.png

If she were mine and I decided to use Safeguard I think I would give 0.23ml per pound for five days in a row, that will treat all worms, but if you want to treat just the large roundworms, give it once and repeat in 10 days.

-Kathy
Given the massive amount of worms being passed, I would treat for roundworms first, and let her recover for a few days before starting a full-blown de-worming regiment. I think her chances of survival would be much greater that way. Just my 2c...

Yup, drilled a teeny one for venting. I really think I would have cracked the plastic without your tip of drilling progressively larger holes.
On my first attempt, I cracked it because I tried to drill in one pass using a 3/8" bit, and I don't think I was pressing it very hard. Lesson learned. You did great, and I'm certain your chicks will be very thankful for their new water dispenser!!!
jumpy.gif

Turns out you really can drink coffee out of an incubator. You'll want to bleach the incubator first, though!
263a.png
[@=/u/212762/Auroradream26]@Auroradream26[/@]

MC you have a bator update?  final?  set more eggs?

Two empty incubators for the moment. The styro is now being used for coffee in bed. It's fun right now. I might stop doing it. Eventually

The hatch was complete with the 18 chicks. The last out is soooo adorable!

I have one of the same waterers that is in this photo - is it hanging? I use it raise on cinder blocks.

Would you say it is reliable to hang and not fall/spill?

- Ant Farm 

It is hanging... which is easy to tell if you look at the "full-size" pic(s). Left clicking on pics opens them in the site's default viewer, but if you right click on pics and open them in a new tab or window, they'll open in original size. There's your tip of the day...   ;)

As far as reliability, I can't say. Seems like a lot of weight pushing against the three little tabs that hold it together. It's just temporary until I build a larger waterer with horizontal nipples. Haven't ran across a food-grade 3 gallon bucket just yet, but I will. Will also do away with the feeder once I get enough PVC to build a new feeder. 

Your search is over! You can get three and 5 gallon bucket's from the bakery at any grocery store or Walmart. The frosting came in them. I occasionally see a store charge a dollar or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom