INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to @sallysunshine for all your articles and advice, and to others here sharing your experiences! We hatched in a bator for the first time and got a 100% hatch rate (we set 9 eggs)!! We used a used basic still air Hovabator I got off of Craigslist and built our own hand turner. We didn't actually plan on it, but we ended up with Valentine babies!!!

Here they are!!

Aww so cute!

Thanks to @sallysunshine for all your articles and advice, and to others here sharing your experiences! We hatched in a bator for the first time and got a 100% hatch rate (we set 9 eggs)!! We used a used basic still air Hovabator I got off of Craigslist and built our own hand turner. We didn't actually plan on it, but we ended up with Valentine babies!!!

Here they are!!

:eek: 9 out of 9 is a fantastic hatch rate! Great job! :clap

-Banti

So it finally happened... Sigh. Tonight when I closed up the chickens, I did my usual check.... And Pebbles has frostbite on the bottom half of his wattles. He was fine last night. My guess is they got wet when he drank, and then it got cold enough he got frostbite. They are blackened and swollen now, so I put him in the cellar.... Anything I need to be doing for him? I'm hoping he doesn't loose them.
-Banti

So it finally happened... Sigh. Tonight when I closed up the chickens, I did my usual check.... And Pebbles has frostbite on the bottom half of his wattles. He was fine last night. My guess is they got wet when he drank, and then it got cold enough he got frostbite. They are blackened and swollen now, so I put him in the cellar.... Anything I need to be doing for him? I'm hoping he doesn't loose them.
-Banti

Petroleum jelly will make him feel better.

Ok my peeps... Here's a question for the ages... How difficult is it, really, to vent sex? I'm a smart girl with a load of biology behind me..: I'm willing to tutor and investigate all material. I want to hear from you all... How hard is it and is it worth it???@Sally Sunshine

-Banti
my rooster as like that I slathered it with Vaseline and he as good by the next afternoon.

-Banti

Poor guy, hope he recovers quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom