INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't plan to disappear on you guys last night, but the sleet & ice collecting on the face of the dish finally killed the signal; not the 1st time it's happened.

I had a stroke of genius this morning. I figured I'd have to go out in the sleet & rain to throw warm water on the dish, which is on a 4-5' post, close to the back of the house. I noticed it was also not far from the kitchen window, so I extended the spray tube in the faucet as far as it would go, waited for the water to warm up, & cleared enough ice off the dish to ge a signal, & here I am.

I'm so brilliant sometimes that I scare myself :lau

You could also put some of that heat tape for pipes on the back and run an extension cord inside to plug it in when needed

@Sally Sunshine
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Get well soon
love.gif
@Sally Sunshine
Soonest even!!
hugs.gif

Scott

Didn't plan to disappear on you guys last night, but the sleet & ice collecting on the face of the dish finally killed the signal; not the 1st time it's happened.

I had a stroke of genius this morning. I figured I'd have to go out in the sleet & rain to throw warm water on the dish, which is on a 4-5' post, close to the back of the house. I noticed it was also not far from the kitchen window, so I extended the spray tube in the faucet as far as it would go, waited for the water to warm up, & cleared enough ice off the dish to ge a signal, & here I am.

I'm so brilliant sometimes that I scare myself
lau.gif

Amazing, isn't it??? Old age and treachery will win over youth and enthusiasm every time!
thumbsup.gif
Never thought of that. I usually brush straight snow off with a broom. Thought about a propane torch, but that would entail a ladder & probably wouldn't do the dish any good
What do you do with the crooked snow? Propane torches are good on tent caterpillars.

Sally, this ? got lost way back, so I'm bringing it forward:

Sally, where did you get those pronged egg holders that you show in your coolerbator? You have a manual tilter, yes? I'm debating on making a slider to turn eggs horizontally, or doing a tilter. Either one will be manual. Weighing options re: using dbl light bulbs vs other heat source in dorm fridgeabator. All suggestions entertained!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom