INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been in the hospital more than my share last year for pneumonia, I pray its not going to start all over again.
fl.gif
Let's hope and pray this doesn't land you there.

@Wendy High
If Sally can't help you, I take a stab at it.
I'd give it 2 days, then take the chick away from Momma & put it in the brooder, with starter feed & water. You may have to dip the beak in the water the first time, to give the chick the idea.
To make sure it doesn't drown. put clean marbles or pebbles in the bottom of the container. If you don't have a regular brooder, you can make one quick from a cardboard box or old aquarium. You'll need a heat source, but someone else can advise you better than I on that score.

Woo, skipped about 400 pages.... I'm starting to think that non of my Bielefelder eggs are going to develop. I know it's only day 3 but I see no veins in even the lighter colored eggs..... I'm hoping they are just slow to show because they were shipped.

Fecals can be done at home, which might be an option for some:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1047614/doing-fecal-floats-at-home

-Kathy
for some yes, most no

@Sally Sunshine , I think I forgot to thank you for the suggestions you made regarding my last batch of Muscovy eggs. I think you suggested a temp of 100 and RH of 30%. I think both those numbers were spot on and probably the only reason they hatched. Thanks again!

-Kathy
I am still upset with the malposition deal and then the two others women with that bator as well. I suggested to prop one end of the bator up just a bit and to make sure the air cell is on the up side. Just curious how that would work in them. just odd, very very odd. I have ancona in from sara, I did the bleach wash and set them, cant turn them as the air cells are still loose and very wiggly watery, I am thinking they may have froze en route candle will tell.

like I said I run 30 or so until I candle and then I dont really go by the 14-18 days, I grab one and candle it when I feel like it and just keep track that way. and add water or take away depending. I dont make a big deal out of it, and I think the more we incubate the better we know what they should look like no matter what day they are on.

Again, its too coincidental about those malpositions unless it is the moon phases or something odd. I dont know much about that stuff at all. but I hatched at the same time and I had no issues.

Quote: yuck peppers, my chest hurts from hacking now, I aint making that worse, my ribs hurt bad.

oh I am so sorry!!!

you know I use wafers, but I bought the cheaper digital and will try it in this cooler.

Up it and see my post to you, keep so the low is 99.5 and no higher on the up than 101.5

Wrapunzel???????????? oh do tell!!

@Wendy High I am not sure what to tell you!

BROODY HENS
Encourage Hens to Hatch Eggs http://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/encourage-hens-to-hatch-eggs.aspx
SHOULD I move my BROODY mamma? discussion begins post #28264 post #28269
Broody Hens CLICK HERE
Letting Broody Hens Hatch & Raise Chicks CLICK HERE

Encouraging or Discouraging Broodiness CLICK HERE

Broody Hens versus Incubators CLICK HERE

clap.gif

ya.gif
two shots per Mason jar.... on the rocks please
It's a group of women who share different ways to wrap their hair in scarves. I'm being featured on their blog as a member of the community.

@Wendy High
If Sally can't help you, I take a stab at it.
I'd give it 2 days, then take the chick away from Momma & put it in the brooder, with starter feed & water. You may have to dip the beak in the water the first time, to give the chick the idea.
To make sure it doesn't drown. put clean marbles or pebbles in the bottom of the container. If you don't have a regular brooder, you can make one quick from a cardboard box or old aquarium. You'll need a heat source, but someone else can advise you better than I on that score.
thank you, I have no luck with broodies, if they end up with babies mine killed them either by accident or just stupidity, I like to have control of the babies for their own safety, although it would be nice to see someone else do all the mothering!!

Woo, skipped about 400 pages.... I'm starting to think that non of my Bielefelder eggs are going to develop. I know it's only day 3 but I see no veins in even the lighter colored eggs..... I'm hoping they are just slow to show because they were shipped.
oh saris!!! what are your temps? its day three!!!

Bielefelder eggs would be too dark to see anything until Day 5- and even then the veins might not be visible. Let them be, and then check again after Day 5 ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom