INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's 13%

Who has the link for how much weight an egg should lose before lockdown? Is it 15%?
I found it in the hatching 101....

Humidity is NOT A SET NUMBER, you need it YES!
However, you use it as a tool to "adjust" egg weight loss during incubation. We candle on days 7,10,14,18 To WATCH WEIGHT LOSS IN EVERY EGG! An EGG MUST lose approximately 13-14% of its weight during the incubation process. THIS IS YOUR GOAL!! You can monitor this by marking Air cells and also by weighing. Please refer to CANDLING section of this Article for more Air Cell info.

Who has the link for how much weight an egg should lose before lockdown? Is it 15%?
13-14%

What is the biggest (if any) difference between the Barred Rock and the Dominique? I have always had Barred rocks, but I got a Dominique chick from the feed store. It's about 3 months old, and it looks EXACTLY like the barred rock - maybe a little darker. Is one like black with white bars and the other white with black bars?
This is my barred rock

And the Dominique is the black and white one (between the buff and red ones) in the mix below - sorry about the crappy photo.
The biggest difference is Barred Rock have a single comb and Dominiques have a rose comb.

Quote:
What is the biggest (if any) difference between the Barred Rock and the Dominique? I have always had Barred rocks, but I got a Dominique chick from the feed store. It's about 3 months old, and it looks EXACTLY like the barred rock - maybe a little darker. Is one like black with white bars and the other white with black bars?
This is my barred rock

And the Dominique is the black and white one (between the buff and red ones) in the mix below - sorry about the crappy photo.
Dominiques also won't be as big as the Barred Rock. There is also a little difference in the barring I prefer the look of the Dom over the BR.

Well DANG. Air cells were ok, I thought, but they've lost 22% of their weight. It's day 15.

Well DANG. Air cells were ok, I thought, but they've lost 22% of their weight. It's day 15.
Last year I was really worried about some of my pea eggs that lost a huge amount and they ended up being the ones that had no issues hatching, so maybe you're okay? -Kathy
Thanks. :fl They're in a staggered hatch with day 5 eggs. So raising the humidity a bit (to 45%?) now would hurt the others much, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom