INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whites, your idea would make two of them, and mine would mean a more limited number inside. Though I don't see how yours allows for a heat lamp unless you use the hickey jigger.. The heating pad idea.
My heat lamp has the power cord coming out of the base. I'd cut the plug off, feed it through a hole drilled in the top side (as it lays on the ground), and re-wiring the plug. Install the light within reach of the original top of the barrel, as it was originally designed to be used, then snap the top back into place. I'd also change the bulb out for one producing less heat; the original bulb would probably be too much for the chicks inside.

Quote: hmmmm interesting thought

Goose,morning all.LOL,day 26
yayyayyayay

Mornin' Everyone!
caf.gif
mornin!!!

Quote:
lau.gif

Hey Yall,
Just wanted to let yall know why I aint been on so much.

My Pops is back in the Hospital.

He's on borrowed time with a failed heart, at 52.

He was given 6 months - 2 years. This was almost 4 years ago.

I dont know how "serious" it is this time, But recognizing the borrowed time, you just dont know what time will be the "Last."

Love Yall
hugs.gif
oh no Jack,
hugs.gif
I am so sorry

Good Morning Everyone!
frow.gif

Good Morning Sally!
hugs.gif
Mike!!! Good morning
hugs.gif

well it's day 24 and there is only two chicks so far but I cracked open two eggs and it seems as if the air cell has collapsed and suffocated the chicks what can I do to keep it from happening to the others that are due to hatch in a few days

We got the humidity to around 35%. We haven't even reached the 24 hour mark yet. Temps are holding stead in the LG 9300 at around 101.6 on top of the eggs. (Calibrated thermometer using ice water method) Should we keep messing with it trying for the 102?
fl.gif
fan or other model? idea is you need internal of that egg no less than 99.5

READ TEMPS SECTION HERE: post #9068

Hey y'all, I need some help. I have an Ancona duckling that hatched out yesterday, and it has a messed up foot. I should've taken pictures before I tried to splint it, but it's too late now and it took me too long to do to unwrap it now. The way it's holding it looks like a slipped achilles, but the achilles looks fine. It's what I guess is a tendon that runs down the front of the leg and into the middle toe that appears to be messed up. I doesn't want to hold straight, and there's definitely a little bit of tension when I straighten it out. Does anyone have any ideas? Right now I have a peice of cardboard bandaged like a shoe and it's lower leg wrapped.
@casportpony
ORTHOPEDIC & POULTRY PODIATRY links:

Treatments for Leg Problems in Chickens & other Poultry

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry
CURLY TOES Spraddle Leg TENDON Leg ISSUES post #42573

Good morning @Sally Sunshine and everyone else. Computer is broken, so have to use this stupid iPad.

-Kathy

Quote: morning!!! how would you not overheat it?

YOU TUBE HOW TO VIDEOS!!
Brooder, Part 1

Brooder, Part 2

Brooder. Part 3

Brooder, Part 4

images

images
3a9835db39c3e0c231be9d475409ed5e.jpg
DSC00393Small.jpg

@kwhite your talking something like this?
sweet

Quote: he he he

Last edited:
Hey Yall,
Just wanted to let yall know why I aint been on so much.

My Pops is back in the Hospital.

He's on borrowed time with a failed heart, at 52.

He was given 6 months - 2 years. This was almost 4 years ago.

I dont know how "serious" it is this time, But recognizing the borrowed time, you just dont know what time will be the "Last."

Love Yall :hugs

:hugs

well it's day 24 and there is only two chicks so far but I cracked open two eggs and it seems as if the air cell has collapsed and suffocated the chicks what can I do to keep it from happening to the others that are due to hatch in a few days
oh no!!!!! Low temps!!! awwwwww so sorry
hugs.gif

Whites, your idea would make two of them, and mine would mean a more limited number inside. Though I don't see how yours allows for a heat lamp unless you use the hickey jigger.. The heating pad idea.

I just love all this technical talk!  You sound like my wife!  :p

:p And another for making me spend a rainy Sunday alone (Duckling is with my in-laws)! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom