INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sick young roo is still in the same place as last night, where I placed him in a nesting box. His wings are kinda droopy, he looks quite alert, but his poop is extremely odd to me. He looks exhausted and feels extremely hot to me. I brought him in the house and put him on the cool tile floor. Here are some pictures of his poop, don't look if you don't want to see! Also included pictures of him!
[/

@casportpony @Sally Sunshine

That does not look good at all. He doesn't look good either.

What breed is he?

When I picked him up from nesting box, it was obvious he hadn't moved. Though I didn't see much liquid, maybe from me carrying him to the house shook it loose.Poop stuck to his but that I got off, but no movement since last night...

@casportpony For those unawares I am doing an experiment with this hatch I let 5 of the quail eggs sit in 100 degree vinegar, checked with a thermo, for between 5 and 6 minutes. I hope to be able to candle Coturnix Quail eggs more easily by removing the "paint" on the shell. I only selected less than 12 grams eggs for this purpose, selected at random. I would like to see if this decreases Hatchability, or is neutral.
Good luck Jack, hope it works for ya
1f604.png

My sick young roo is still in the same place as last night, where I placed him in a nesting box. His wings are kinda droopy, he looks quite alert, but his poop is extremely odd to me. He looks exhausted and feels extremely hot to me. I brought him in the house and put him on the cool tile floor. Here are some pictures of his poop, don't look if you don't want to see! Also included pictures of him!
[/

@casportpony @Sally Sunshine

That poop is not good. I suspect he might have a serious infection. Can you take him to a vet? I don't want to scare you, but he looks like he's not gonna make it throught the night.

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom