INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hu.gif

I have a sinking feeling that I've got two little roos on my hands... adorable, but still...

These were Olive Egger Eggs from Papa's Poultry and supposed to be autosexing.

Are they roos?

Hi Mike
hugs.gif

Lazy , I did all that. 2nd hatch I went dry til lock down . I went by air cells instead of hydrometer . I also hatched them in a carton. They were wet sticky. I had to bathe them so they would fluff. They reminded me of little glue sticks running around.
Hello.
hugs.gif

So you going get those eggs set?

My ducks are free range all day....locked up tight at night.
I have more problems with my neighbor dog...killed three ducks last year...I've warned him I'll kill his dog.....I've shot at it to scare it....but last week it was back down here......I didn't see it or I would have ended it then......wolves are keeping most of the other predators in check....coyote and foxes avoid them...and they don't come in so I guess that's one advantage to having so many wolves around.
I dealt with wolves at my last home. Only thing I am suspicious of is that I lost a bunch of adult birds in one night. Many were roosters as they roosted closest to the door. I fell asleep and didn't lock the door. The next day the birds were gone with no evidence of foul play and my birds were roosted 5 and 6 feet up. I wish I had turned on my trail cam. I figure it was either the wolves or humans. But normally the wolves didn't cause me problems and I lived back in the middle of nowhere so I don't know how anyone would know to go back there to steal my birds. I guess it will always be a mystery. When skunks, coyotes or owls have a go at one of my birds, they leave a mess.

And it amazes me how many times you can shoot warning shots at dogs and scream at them and they still insist on coming back.

I would really prefer not to have to kill somebody's pet but some people just don't learn. So far I haven't had to kill any dogs but I sure have gotten frustrated.

I hope you don't lose any more ducks.
barnie.gif

I dealt with wolves at my last home.  Only thing I am suspicious of is that I lost a bunch of adult birds in one night.  Many were roosters as they roosted closest to the door.  I fell asleep and didn't lock the door.  The next day the birds were gone with no evidence of foul play and my birds were roosted 5 and 6 feet up.  I wish I had turned on my trail cam.  I figure it was either the wolves or humans.  But normally the wolves didn't cause me problems and I lived back in the middle of nowhere so I don't know how anyone would know to go back there to steal my birds.  I guess it will always be a mystery.  When skunks, coyotes or owls have a go at one of my birds, they leave a mess.

And it amazes me how many times you can shoot warning shots at dogs and scream at them and they still insist on coming back.

I would really prefer not to have to kill somebody's pet but some people just don't learn.  So far I haven't had to kill any dogs but I sure have gotten frustrated.

I hope you don't lose any more ducks.  :barnie
me neither....but he has been warned......and I talked to the chief of police......I'm within my rights to protect my birds....I like my neighbor but I like my birds more....I live very rural too (wolves tell you that)....but there is a half dozen of us on a dead end private road.
Don't want a fired with the neighbor either....in fairness he paid for the lost ducks....but I still don't want to lose more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom