INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, three of us are testing and he is bringing in another black belt because Aaron is going for second brown and Matt and I are testing for blue belt in American Kenpo. I could test later, but this was set up for the three of us, and it is less stressful to test in a group than having all the attention on you.
Yeah, it's no fun to go it alone... but the key is to block all out the distractions. In kumite, the only people in the room are you and your opponent. Same applies to kata... only your opponent is invisible to everyone buy you. Block everything else out, and the stress goes away.

I glad to hear that the feathers are starting to grow back. My first winter with my birds I was feeding a 16% layer mash, we had a really frigid winter that year & my girls starting picking & eating each other feathers. Did some reading hear and went to an All Flock Raiser that is 20% protein. It helped a lot, having been feeding them that every since. I just offer oyster shell on the side. This year I've experimented with fermenting some of the All Flock Raiser. I do a 3 bucket system, using one bucket a day. Each pail ferments for 3 days. Right now I feed them in the AM with this then they have free choice of the dry all flock in the hanging feeders. I've been amazed with the results, my birds went thru their molts so much faster & they have layed the best I have ever had birds laying in the winter months. In fact, out of 24 laying hens in one coop I average 17-21 eggs a day. That is better than what they layed thru the summer last year. Best of luck with your birds
1f60a.png

Thank you!! Also, what exactly is a molt in birds? Like they shed all their feathers?

Oh yeah, he's already totally doing that... I thought they were supposed to be tired and rest after hatching! He's acting like he wants to go for a run!
gig.gif
It's funny to watch them, especially after they hatch. They'll run around chirping up a storm, then suddenly collapse and fall asleep. Not much different than human babies...
lau.gif

Thanks! Cream Legbar, from my backyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozerface79

How do you know its a boy?
Two others (not in the photo) are starting to zip, I think (enlarging the pip) - I think they hear him! They are synchronizing pretty well - we'll see how the ones that are pipping at the wrong spot do (they're all from one pullet with rounder eggs).

I can see how this is SO addictive!!!!

- Ant Farm
Yes, he will get the others going. I have a video of one of my first hatches with a chick seeming to run over to another egg and cheer him on, it was the cutest thing I ever witnessed
lau.gif

I think i will be fine waiting 1 or 2 days before telling people i have them.
When we have puppies in town for sale (happens every few years) people get on like 3 month long waiting lists to get them. So im sure 1 day isnt going to hurt anyone. But i could be wrong
This is how it works. Really. Anybody can add to this that sells chicks. I hatched 14 today. They were already sold 2 days ago before they even hatched. I hatch every week. The way the chick bizz goes at least for me is that some weeks there sold before they are even hatch. But sometimes you could have 2 weeks or more weeks of chicks. But then for some miracle you get 2 or 3 calls and they are all gone. Back to 0 Which I like. HAHA

Hi all! I'm new here. A few weeks ago we were gifted a Little Giant Styrofoam incubator with a fan. We have never incubated eggs before, but have saved up a couple dozen from our flock to hatch. Our eggs are all fertile that we check, we have only used them for eating so far, but other than that I have no idea where to start or how to use this incubator!

This is how it works. Really. Anybody can add to this that sells chicks. I hatched 14 today. They were already sold 2 days ago before they even hatched. I hatch every week. The way the chick bizz goes at least for me is that some weeks there sold before they are even hatch. But sometimes you could have 2 weeks or more weeks of chicks. But then for some miracle you get 2 or 3 calls and they are all gone. Back to 0 Which I like. HAHA

I know what you mean! All my poults in the brooder are sold and most of the ones that are in lockdown right now too. It's possible that I'm even reserved into my next hatch next week lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom