INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late to increase or I can try and get it up a tad and expect the hatch date to extend? It stays at 99 for most of the time but does drop to a low of 98.2 before the heater kicks on again
definitely not too late! I would try to get it up a bit higher. The hatch date may be delayed by the lower temps, but if you can get it to settle between 99 and 101 you will be fine.

Cause they is more biggerer. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better at least. I'll share my little secret remedy for getting better quickly (it helped me over the weekend). It's a little trick I learned from an old mexican guy. Drowned your sickness in tequila. Works like a charm.
Normally, I'd have a sure-fire remedy for her, but it involves a double shot of Jack; wouldn't do her a bit of good
lau.gif

Hello to all. I have a hen that has been sitting. Yesterday 1 chick popped out from under her. She has not gotten off nest yet to get it to drink. I think this may be her first time to hatch. If it is same hen that hatched a few months ago, then its her 2nd time (and that did not go well). How long do I let her stay on nest with at least one chick if she doesnt take it down for a drink? Any advise greatly appreciated.

So this is my first incubation experience. I am on Day 7. Looks like my egg turner got of its rail sometime in last 18 hours....not sure exactly when it happened but I always check the egg positions and noted twice in a row looked like they had not moved (bedtime last pm and first thing this am). Thought maybe randomly at same place in cycle. Novice! Just found the problem. So, I understand this is a critical time period. Am I up a creek without a paddle? How can I know if the batch has been affected? Praying I have not lost this whole group.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom