INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are there no eyes, or did the separation just not occur? I hope the suggested friends and food and water stuff work. Too cute, and very good of you.

No eyes at all. I think it has neurological problems also. It moves it's head very strangely and walks in circles, but it can find food and water and is eating and drinking well. It has a little stuffed animal friend right now, and I am taking it to work with me tomorrow. If it makes it, it will be a house duck. I'm honestly not as hopeful as I would like to be about its future. The other ducklings were much bigger and being HORRID to it. That's the main reason I got it. I couldn't bear for it to die in a metal bin in TSC

Hellooooooooo everybody! So, I HAVE AN INCUBATION QUESTION! :)
Recently I've been hatching out chicks for my pops, however I've been having two problems. 1- I've had three chicks now that have died shortly after hatching/during zipping. One died 3/4 finished with a zip, eggtopsy showed a perfect chick. The second hatched, but was crazy weak from the get go and had a small tummy and died a day later. The third hatched, seemed normal the first few hours then rapidly went down hill and died 24 hours later (he had a poke-out navel, but looked normal otherwise). I've also had three DIS, perfectly formed upon eggtopsy, ready to hatch. This was from a total of 20 viable eggs- 2 different incubators. That's around 1/3 of the eggs, and it's infuriating! What could be causing this?!?

@Sally Sunshine

Sweet Avy.

Breeding stock issues and or temp/humidity fluctuations/too high/low.

Sorry to confuse you. I thought everything was great with my last hatch. Looked to be on track but only got like 10 of 38or39.

Sometimes it happens I guess?
hide.gif

Hellooooooooo everybody! So, I HAVE AN INCUBATION QUESTION! :)
Recently I've been hatching out chicks for my pops, however I've been having two problems. 1- I've had three chicks now that have died shortly after hatching/during zipping. One died 3/4 finished with a zip, eggtopsy showed a perfect chick. The second hatched, but was crazy weak from the get go and had a small tummy and died a day later. The third hatched, seemed normal the first few hours then rapidly went down hill and died 24 hours later (he had a poke-out navel, but looked normal otherwise). I've also had three DIS, perfectly formed upon eggtopsy, ready to hatch. This was from a total of 20 viable eggs- 2 different incubators. That's around 1/3 of the eggs, and it's infuriating! What could be causing this?!?

@Sally Sunshine
I think you tagged the best one to have an answer....Good luck from here on out

No eyes at all. I think it has neurological problems also. It moves it's head very strangely and walks in circles, but it can find food and water and is eating and drinking well. It has a little stuffed animal friend right now, and I am taking it to work with me tomorrow. If it makes it, it will be a house duck. I'm honestly not as hopeful as I would like to be about its future. The other ducklings were much bigger and being HORRID to it. That's the main reason I got it. I couldn't bear for it to die in a metal bin in TSC
poor thing. I hope it makes it, but whatever happens know you gave it the est chance, and a better life than it would have had and loved on it. :hugs

Double Yolk hatches Rarely go well.

Usually one or both die. Theres not enough room for them to both develop.

It does happen occasionally but will have to be an assisted hatch IF they make it and IF the egg is in fact a double

My first hatch six muscovy eggs one is shaped funny has a good air sack for being shipped weighs quite a bit more than others and is longer and wider by eye site looks different in candle than other there a darker spot towards the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom