INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have any dogs at all now. Bred Red Setters & Pointers for 40 years

You bred setters..red? Love the English Setter! Had the best one ever back in the 70's. That dog could go into a field and find a bird that two other dogs missed. Seriously happened. The two men laughed and said, we just went through this field, your dog won't find anything. We went ahead, so the two got their dogs into their kennels in the back of the truck, which we didn't use...and leaned against their truck to watch. Not 5 mins. later, our dog was pointing. My hubby goes over and flushes the bird, he shoots it. A nice big fat rooster...pheasant. Look back at the guys, they are getting into their trucks to leave.
lol.png

Well, got to do something not so fun yesterday. Went ahead and took photos as I went along with my husband's help. Bumble Foot. It's been a while since I have had to do this. Noticed her limping yesterday morning, got it done in the afternoon, went ahead and changed the bandage today to see how it was looking. Looking good!

I love using the biopsy punch. Just the right size this time.

Getting water ready for the soak.

It's so interesting how they are usually pretty calm in the bucket!

Getting that towel over the head.

She's covered, and can't see. Now they lay still for it.

Appears to be pretty large.

This punch fit right around it nicely. I want two other sizes.

Got most of it, have another tool I didn't show, to cut around it...didn't use the exacto
knife this time.

Have my neo ready to put into the hole.

This one bled pretty good, but I smushed that Neo in there.

Then hurried and put the quaze pad on.

Then the vet wrap.

I like to use the sticky water proof tape over a part of the vet wrap, to make sure it stays on.

All done!

She's checking it out. :) So is the leghorn.

Funny, a lot of the hens came to check it out.

Now after changing it today, I will wait for a couple of days, and change it every two days until it is healing pretty good, then to three days until it's healed. Glad it's done!

HELP! FRIEND HAS HEN THAT FALLS OVER RIGHT AFTER STANDING. 1 YR. OLD HEN. No straw, mold,no wounds.
Other symptoms? Poop? Lethargy? Eating? Drinking?
Well, got to do something not so fun yesterday. Went ahead and took photos as I went along with my husband's help. Bumble Foot. It's been a while since I have had to do this. Noticed her limping yesterday morning, got it done in the afternoon, went ahead and changed the bandage today to see how it was looking. Looking good! I love using the biopsy punch. Just the right size this time. Getting water ready for the soak. It's so interesting how they are usually pretty calm in the bucket! Getting that towel over the head. She's covered, and can't see. Now they lay still for it. Appears to be pretty large. This punch fit right around it nicely. I want two other sizes. Got most of it, have another tool I didn't show, to cut around it...didn't use the exacto knife this time. Have my neo ready to put into the hole. This one bled pretty good, but I smushed that Neo in there. Then hurried and put the quaze pad on. Then the vet wrap. I like to use the sticky water proof tape over a part of the vet wrap, to make sure it stays on. All done! She's checking it out. :) So is the leghorn. Funny, a lot of the hens came to check it out. Now after changing it today, I will wait for a couple of days, and change it every two days until it is healing pretty good, then to three days until it's healed. Glad it's done!
awesome! Good vet job!!

My mom has a male same color as yours..he is 12 and I have a "red head" female who is 9.

I just love the breed. Here are photos of the other two..now passed. The first one, big boy! Grizz Bear..Grizz, Grizzly..he came to a few different names. :p

My Toby. This poor guy had a freak accident at the age of 4. Man, that was hard.

When a friend here on BYC heard what happened..she did a sketch for me of this photo!
BYC friends, something else. I am in Utah, she is in Idaho. Goes to our Utah thread once
in a while. I have this hanging on our bedroom wall. Wonderful people here..many!

Here is a bunch of our Missy that we have today. Love her. Probably my last Golden.

Oh, forgot to show the plug from that bumble foot..it wasn't even near what I thought I was going to find in that foot! I did get an extra piece out, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom