INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir I have British labs that flush and retrieve and a working English cocker that my step son got for Christmas that he is begging to start working on.
frow.gif
Nice dogs! Love to see the Eng. Cocker, too!

i hope it's ok that i post this, looking for as quick of an answer as possible so i can open the incubator up just once. this is my first time hatching, is this too crowded, are the eggs spaced out ok or should they be closer together? i've read too many things and my brain is in derp mode now!! i have a better thermometer on top of the eggs in the middle. Temp is at 100 and has stayed at 100 for 2 days now, judging by my crummy humidity gauge it's a little under 40. in case it matters this is a still air hova-bator, 160n i believe

Total bummer tonight in my shipped eggs. Only 3/12 are still going for sure as I can see chick moving. 2 are questionable due to being to dark to see more than a blob.
The BBS not started hatch is on day 3 of those two. one has veins the other has a couple of veins but not in the right spot so it's questionable. The 4 Lavenders on day 3 one might not make it but not checking it due to the missing shell peice. The other 3 have good veins.
The 2 BBS that I took out from Dash are going strong and can see chick moving. Possibly on day 13-14 now but according to the breeder day 12.
Dash is still sitting faithfully on 10 eggs. I will be giving her back the 2 and also giving her the 3 shipped eggs (this is still up in the air). The will have to go under her for hatching so I don't mess up the six that are just starting.

i hope it's ok that i post this, looking for as quick of an answer as possible so i can open the incubator up just once. this is my first time hatching, is this too crowded, are the eggs spaced out ok or should they be closer together? i've read too many things and my brain is in derp mode now!! i have a better thermometer on top of the eggs in the middle. Temp is at 100 and has stayed at 100 for 2 days now, judging by my crummy humidity gauge it's a little under 40. in case it matters this is a still air hova-bator, 160n i believe
Relax, they are spaced just fine! It's when you get to this point that you need to worry lol.
Now, are you on day 2 with them? Remember, you need to open it a few times a day (at least 3 and always an odd number) and turn them. Right now, opening it isn't a terrible thing. The last 3 days are when you need to be careful and not open it. Your humidity sounds fine too. The last 3 days (lockdown), you need to bump it up to around 65% and it closed.

Closer together means the chicks can hear each other, and encourage each other to hatch. That's the only reason to have them touching.
Total bummer tonight in my shipped eggs. Only 3/12 are still going for sure as I can see chick moving. 2 are questionable due to being to dark to see more than a blob. The BBS not started hatch is on day 3 of those two. one has veins the other has a couple of veins but not in the right spot so it's questionable. The 4 Lavenders on day 3 one might not make it but not checking it due to the missing shell peice. The other 3 have good veins. The 2 BBS that I took out from Dash are going strong and can see chick moving. Possibly on day 13-14 now but according to the breeder day 12. Dash is still sitting faithfully on 10 eggs. I will be giving her back the 2 and also giving her the 3 shipped eggs (this is still up in the air). The will have to go under her for hatching so I don't mess up the six that are just starting.
:hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom