INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! Thanks againful the info on the cabinet bators. I will Chek out the link and the DIY section tonight while I am at work lol. I don't ( breed ) the dogs.. yet.. I would love a litter from lizzy my yellow bit we will see. I just really enjoy working them and seeing their natural ability come out. @Sally Sunshine
Hello!
frow.gif

I would trade. 68 here and the sun is not even up yet.
Don't forget the humidity.

Hot, very hot, and humid, I am in the AC now.
It has cooled off here but still very humid. Highs will be in the 80s (up to 30+C) for the next couple weeks.

I would pay for it very good money!
We could pipe you some and water.

I need to take an online class. All this working with little real thinking, and too little sleep is turning my brain into a limp noodle.
How about books on tape for the road.

YOU HAVE TO EXERCISE YOUR BRAIN! It is EXTREMLY IMPORTANT!
Chess is the gymnasium of the brain.

I hate crosswords because they have too much pop culture trivia that I have no clue about. Especially celebrity names.
There are crossword puzzles that are on specific topics.
In trivia games I hate the entertainment categories. My favorites are geography and science and nature.
If I was on 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' I'd use my kids as a lifeline for pop culture stuff.

Sudoku is good brain exercise.

I think something you may enjoy is working with a programming controller like Arduino.
It is open source electronics that can read inputs from sensors and turn on outputs.
It is very inexpensive compared to proprietary programmable logic controllers.
You can quickly make prototypes for projects you want to accomplish.
You can automate your farm.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Introduction

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Chicken-Coop-Controller/

http://makezine.com/projects/arduino-relays-high-voltage/

http://makezine.com/2016/08/31/dog-simple-arduino-controlled-plant-watering/

Quote:
What? I MADE A FULLISH SPELLING MISTAKE?
Never!

ep.gif
surprise is making coffee in the morning and realizing you doubled the the grounds
When I drank coffee, I always made the concentrated version.

lau.gif
Do you also have some ocean front property in Arizona you want to sell me?
Sea of Cortez used to reach AZ.

No I played for fun!!! All 3 incubators are filled to the brim. Do you think my husband would notice if I brought home one of the big cabinet incubators??? He didnt notice the last 4 ducks I smuggled in lol. PS I played the night before sipping moonshine and won-yesterday I played drinking wine and fell asleep.... hmmm have to work on my playing/drinking strategy
tongue.png
Are there any rooms he doesn't go in much?

I have eggs due to hatch in 26 hours. I was about to candle and I have 2 pips so I guess I'll just wait and see what hatches.

Last edited:
There have been 5263 posts since I last looked at this thread about 3 weeks ago. Wow, this thread is popular!!

My Ameraucana eggs are six hours into their 20th day of incubation. I am SSSSSOOOOO nervous!!!!! There were originally 12, but then my son knocked the incubator and cracked one beyond rescuing. I opened it up and the tiny little ten day old embryo was developing. I was mad, but quickly got over it. Then there eleven. On day 15 I was candling to see how all the chickies were doing and I DROPPED ONE!!! Oh, I kicked myself over that one for two days. This one too was too damaged for melted wax, so I opened it up and saw the tiny little chick moving. My kids were in aw over it.

Fast forward to now. The eggs are six hours into day 20 and I am so nervous. I hope I did everything right and as many hatch as possible (100% would be awesome). They eggs are all wiggling and twitching. Two have even rolled toward their neighbors and rolled back! Today I've caught myself checking the temperature and looking for signs of pipping about every two hours. When should they start to pip?
OMG!!! one just pipped!!!

I can't believe it! ALL TEN EGGS HATCHED! They were shipped eggs, this was my first ever hatch, and all ten hatched. I am walking on clouds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom