Incubating wood duck eggs

I also think your eggs should be ok. As they age, you should watch the humidity or spray them with warm to room temperature water. When they hatch, I would start them on egg yolk and meal worms and progress to a waterfowl starter. Do not feed them medicated chick feed as they are sensitive to that sort of food. I have raised some woodies and would be happy to offer private advice.
sheila8
Hello, I and hoping for a quick answer. I have five wood eggs. Its day 30
They did pipe . I raised the humidity to 65. I'm seeing people are using 70 humidity. There squawking in there and I'm not sure if I could just let them go on their own or if I should do something. This is the only thing that I have trouble hatching. I hope I get some answers tonight. Thank you
I

I also think your eggs should be ok. As they age, you should watch the humidity or spray them with warm to room temperature water. When they hatch, I would start them on egg yolk and meal worms and progress to a waterfowl starter. Do not feed them medicated chick feed as they are sensitive to that sort of food. I have raised some woodies and would be happy to offer private advice.
sheila8
i would love to pick your brain. i have experience raising ducks but acquired a (what i believe to be a wood duck egg) and have heard they can be difficult to raise?

i would love to pick your brain. i have experience raising ducks but acquired a (what i believe to be a wood duck egg) and have heard they can be difficult to raise?
Welcome to BYC! Is the egg developing? If it's wild you'd probably be better off to turn it over to an experienced wildlife rehabber.
I raise wood ducks and they do better if you have another duckling in with them that can teach them how to eat. Otherwise, live mealworms cut in half work well.

Hand turn the egg 2 times a day,I do not spray the eggs with water during incubation.When they hatch i dont give mealworms.If you have a other chick of any kind around same age put in with it too get it eating.Drop the duckling into brooder.Im not saying put it into brooder.Drop it onto shavings like it would be jumping from box.

Welcome to BYC! Is the egg developing? If it's wild you'd probably be better off to turn it over to an experienced wildlife rehabber.
I raise wood ducks and they do better if you have another duckling in with them that can teach them how to eat. Otherwise, live mealworms cut in half work well.
yes it is. i tried that. and no one here is raising from an egg. they would just dispose of it.

Here you go.100% incubated

Attachments

• 20220518_194016.jpg
    20220518_194016.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom