incubating

Morgan231

Chirping
Apr 5, 2023
How long after my hens layed do I need to put the egg in the incubator. She them just today.

And please an someone tell me the correct temp in the incubator that I need and what days do I need to change this :))

You can save eggs up to 10 days. I just stick mine in the fridge door. Sometimes on a shelf in the laundry room pointed end down. Fan forced incubator 99.5 to 101. I’m not sure about still air incubator the temps I gave are what I run mine at and I dry incubate so I only add water at day 18 when lockdown starts and I get that to 60%. Everybody on here does it different just have to find what works for you. Also get calibrated gauges I use govees don’t go off the incubator readings.

I would usually collect & store eggs for a week prior to setting them in the incubator.

I don‘t change my temperature in the incubator. I have a forced air (fan) and have it set at 99.5f (37.5c) Humidity I start off at 45% and adjust accordingly depending on air cell growth after i candle. I up it to 65% for hatching.

Informative read here on incubation ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-beginners-guide-to-incubation.73350/

I would usually collect & store eggs for a week prior to setting them in the incubator.

I don‘t change my temperature in the incubator. I have a forced air (fan) and have it set at 99.5f (37.5c) Humidity I start off at 45% and adjust accordingly depending on air cell growth after i candle. I up it to 65% for hatching.

Informative read here on incubation ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-beginners-guide-to-incubation.73350/
would I be able to put them In today? x

Yes I have set eggs laid the same day. How many do you have to set?

Its easier to set a full batch rather than one egg per day as that would be a staggered hatch and that causes all sorts of head aches.
I have some in the fridge, they've been put in a couple of days ago, would they still be able to go in the incubator? and I have about 4 freshly laid today xx

I have some in the fridge, they've been put in a couple of days ago, would they still be able to go in the incubator? and I have about 4 freshly laid today xx
Yes they should still be fine to go in the incubator. Storing at 55f is more the ideal temp though.
STORING EGGS

I would take them out of the fridge though and let them just warm up a little before setting in the incubator.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom