Incubation chart/log?

PaulaJoAnne

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
I've never used one before, as we normally use broody hens. But this will likely not occur this year, due to flock turnover, so its artificial means this year :(
Does anyone have a good chart that I can print off, to help me keep track?

What types of info are you looking to track? Weight of the egg? Air cell size etc?

I don't use any kind of chart but for tracking data I usually turn to Excel, so if I were to start something like that, that would be my first suggestion.

If you find a good incubator log, would you mind passing it along? I am about to get my first chicks (day-olds), and I put together the log below for my own use (might be helpful after your little guys hatch?) ANYWHO, if I have luck with these fellas, I'd like to get a small incubator and hatch a few (so a log would come in handy). Sorry the form looks a little strange below...had to covert to JPEG...

This is the chart I made to calculate when they will hatch and keep track of when I want to candle.

This is a chart showing the expected weight loss, if you're weighing:

This is a chart showing growth of the air cell:

If you are looking for a way to keep track throughout the hatch, I do this two ways. I keep a little notebook by the incubator in which I write down the humidity and temperature every time I peek in (at least twice a day, usually), every time I add water, when I plug in the turner, anything unusual, etc.

I also use Excel to keep track of candling, weighing, and later, if they hatch, got stuck, etc.

I hope that helps!

HEChicken,

Ihave an excel spreadsheet I made into an incubation chart.
It will average out your overall temps and your high and lowest temps.

If you send me a personal message with your email address and I will send it to you.

It works really well

Chris

Its day 7 and my air cells are, in my not so professional opinion, large enough. How much can I drop my humidity with out hurting the eggs? It was around 38% and jumped to 50ish since these rain storms came rolling through over the past 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom