incubation help needed asap!

I am incubating for the first time I'm on day 13 And I'm attempting dry hatch :) hope all goes well with your incubation process I started with 47 eggs and on day 13 still have 45 growing one I dropped and cracked open at day 7 and one was infertile

I am incubating for the first time I'm on day 13 And I'm attempting dry hatch :) hope all goes well with your incubation process I started with 47 eggs and on day 13 still have 45 growing one I dropped and cracked open at day 7 and one was infertile

Good Luck!! Sounds like you are off to a great start!!!
wee.gif

I'm heading into day 4.... 23 in the bator, this is my second hatch
smile.png

You should look into dry hatching it seems fun and I was worried with rh in my house being 30% plus of drowning the chicks during incubation but so far so good tmrw I will do day 14 candling and check air cell growth other than turning eggs 3 xs a day this has been a fairly hands of incubation the way I seeit is if iI'm meant to hatch chickens it will happen without all the fuss and worry over them I can say I'm addicted and already have eggs lined up to pick up the 27th for my next batch haha

I am approaching day 18. does that mean the night of the 17th day will be the last time I open it? should I leave both air plugs in or out? what should I get the heat and humidity to for Monday, the 18th day! thank you all and good luck to all other. I am not optimistic as it's our first time and had some troubles in the beginning. I saw veins in one of the eggs the other night. but my eggs are dark and hard to see into. it almost looks like half the egg is dark inside. is that a bad sign?

I am approaching day 18. does that mean the night of the 17th day will be the last time I open it? should I leave both air plugs in or out? what should I get the heat and humidity to for Monday, the 18th day! thank you all and good luck to all other. I am not optimistic as it's our first time and had some troubles in the beginning. I saw veins in one of the eggs the other night. but my eggs are dark and hard to see into. it almost looks like half the egg is dark inside. is that a bad sign?
17th last day u turn, both air plugs out, increase humidity, i cant give you numbers, sorry, dark is GOOD !!!

17th last day u turn, both air plugs out, increase humidity, i cant give you numbers, sorry, dark is GOOD !!!

I always thought on day 18 you candle one more time and then shut it down and commence lockdown, up the humidity and don't open again??

Lockdown for me starts at 1pm on January 27th...My plan, and mind you its just a plan, was to candle one more time around noon to do one last check for non viable eggs and then go into lockdown.

you can candle them if you want , lockdown is for the humidity. the more you open it or candle you are lowering the chances of hatch. on day 18 they should be in lockdown. just try not to turn the eggs to much when you look because they are getting into position to hatch at this point.

you can candle them if you want , lockdown is for the humidity. the more you open it or candle you are lowering the chances of hatch. on day 18 they should be in lockdown. just try not to turn the eggs to much when you look because they are getting into position to hatch at this point.

..Ok got it...
Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom