Incubation Help

Jme2283

Chirping
Jul 27, 2019
Hi there. So I assume I'm on Day 30 on incubating Rouen duck eggs. I started Dec 28th. You start the day after you put your eggs in correct? Or do you wait to see fertilization signs? I started with 24. I think by day 7 I weeded out the duds. Should I have started incubation count then?
-issue. I put my ducks in lock down on Jan 24 On Jan 27 nothing. I’ve always had my levels correct. Always. I’ve been obsessed with this project. Buttt, on the 26th @1@m I noticed a pip. I watched it all day hat day then decided to candel all eggs just in case. All ducks are alive and I see beaks near the air sack which makes me feel better…

the duck that pipped, I noticed another pip this am. New breakage. I can hear him peeping and the tapping from outside the incubator. is he dying? He looks like he has enough air. Plenty of room…I’m freaking out here. Why has that ONE just pipped. They all went in at the same time. Helppppp thank you

They are living beings. Not machines. They do things in their own time. One is just more excited about getting out of that cramped shell. Than some of the others. Nothing really to worry about. I haven’t hatched many ducks. With my chickens it seems like a couple will pip early. Maybe one will completely hatch. Then no other activity for the remainder of the day. The next morning the incubator is full of chicks. Some completely dry and others just freshly out of the shell. Then of course is the late hatchers.

They are living beings. Not machines. They do things in their own time. One is just more excited about getting out of that cramped shell. Than some of the others. Nothing really to worry about. I haven’t hatched many ducks. With my chickens it seems like a couple will pip early. Maybe one will completely hatch. Then no other activity for the remainder of the day. The next morning the incubator is full of chicks. Some completely dry and others just freshly out of the shell. Then of course is the late hatchers.
One is hatching as we speak lol

Back
Top Bottom