Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Quote: He's alive, lol.

-Kathy

lol.. ok.. couldn't tell that from the pic! Glad he made it ok... (should have told him to open his eyes for the photo op! )
lau.gif

I'm feeling extremely deflated this evening.
It's finally day 7 of my first incubation so I candled the eggs earlier. Of the 38 eggs only 10 appear to have veins. And even then they aren't spider web looking like all of the pictures I've seen. They have a couple of solid short veins spread out on/in the yolk and one or two have a little web like appearance.
It is so disheartening after all of the build up. I know I made some mistakes which I have learnt from but I didn't expect such a high rate of failure.
Feel a bit like being a child and quitting:-(

I'm feeling extremely deflated this evening.
It's finally day 7 of my first incubation so I candled the eggs earlier. Of the 38 eggs only 10 appear to have veins. And even then they aren't spider web looking like all of the pictures I've seen. They have a couple of solid short veins spread out on/in the yolk and one or two have a little web like appearance.
It is so disheartening after all of the build up. I know I made some mistakes which I have learnt from but I didn't expect such a high rate of failure.
Feel a bit like being a child and quitting:-(

Were these Shipped eggs? IF so, Don't be discourage, it happens, if you can get half your eggs to show signs of life, I say your doing GREAT so to have 10 at least, your doing good.. so your only 9 eggs shy of half.. LOL

Back
Top Bottom