incubation question

animalgirl2010

Songster
11 Years
May 9, 2008
bootheel of missouri
So I borrowed my dads incubator when my homemade one failed. I turned it on let it set and stabilize for 24 hours. It took a long time to stabilize but I finally got it to 100 so I just left it on there and set the eggs on sunday before going to bed. yesterday morning when I woke up it was at 94 degrees but I thought it was just my thermometer not working right. I got a good one yesterday evening and it read the same thing and 70 percent humidity. I immediatly turned it up and it went up to 103 for just a few minutes. I took all the water out and it is now stable at 100 degrees again but the humidity is still to high at 67. Have I already messed this hatch up with all those changes? Should I just throw away the eggs and start over or is there still hope? I am so worried about them any advice is appreciated

You should be fine, I have had that happen before and my batch turned out just fine.
smile.png

thank you. I was hoping everything would be fine. I still cannot get humidity below about 67 though I got temperature stable still so hopefully the humidity wont be to big of a problem.

Back
Top Bottom