incubation question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stephanie1992, Feb 11, 2012.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

ive incubated many eggs before, but i forgot some things lol.

i set 12 eggs in the bator at 4pm today with temp 100degrees on top of eggs and 95degress below. its a still air bator. around 10pm i relized the temp on top of eggs was at 105 degrees. i quickly got the temp down to normal. Are my eggs dead now? Or is there a chance thell still grow.

2. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    Some might be dead, some might be alive. Be extra careful with them!

3. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I would think if the temp was not up that high for very long and you got it lowered fast. They should be ok. I normally use Forced Air but have used still air. Also it is even ok if the temp at the top of the egg is 102. Just so the temp atop the egg and below the egg average for a middle temp at egg center. So I definately think they have a chance....Never give up!...here some good wishes for your hatch.....and happy hatching.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    x2

5. berniezahm

berniezahm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    X3, and as Silkie_Sue said "Never Givre Up". Good Luck[​IMG]

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

On day one....4 PM it was 100° and at 10PM it was 105°...... I wouldn't even worry about it.

Good luck with your hatch!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  7. stephanie1992

ok thank u. im having so much trouble with the incubator. temp wont stay anymore and keeps getting high. and humidity keeps changing. These styro incubators arnt very good.

8. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I agree that the Little Giant still air styro bator is terrible and I couldn't get it to hold temp of any kind. Over night it shot up to 110 degrees and fried 36 shipped eggs. I use 2 hovabator styro bators and I installed a computer fan and I love them. They keep a steady temp for me. I only used that LG once and sold it.

9. stephanie1992

it got up to 110 degrees this morning. idk how long it was like that. Hopfully there ok. There not my eggs. there a friends. he want them to hatch cuz a dog killed his favorite rooster and that rooster is the father of these eggs. Ive used the Little giant before but bought a new bator. but the fan went out on the new one so i had to put them in this one. Temp is now a steady 100degrees on top the eggs. I have 3 themometers in there. Im doing dry incubationm becuse ive never had luck doin it the other way. hopfully there ok. ill keep everyone posted.

10. stephanie1992

GOOD NEWS!!!!! 9 out of the 12 eggs are alive!! i see veins!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by