Incubation temp power outage ~UPDATE~ Good news with pics !

mrfumanchu

Chirping
8 Years
May 5, 2014
I built a new incubator and have it on it's first run 60 eggs everything was working perfectly running at 99 degrees until my wife unplugged it last night at day 18
by the time I caught it temp was at 70 degrees is there even faint hope of survivors ?

appreciate any input pretty peeved right now : (

If the eggs were indeed viable, this should have no effect upon your hatch rate. Good luck for a successful hatch.

Thank you sourland I appreciate the words of encouragement ... I was curious if anybody had experience with their eggs going that cold and if they were recovered. Would still like to hear your nightmares LOL

The eggs were candled and coming along nicely I have it back up to 97 degrees and climbing I was going to candle a few once they have been at temp for a while.

this is my second incubator I have been hatching in a cooler bator for about 3 years I can do 100 eggs at a time in there this new bator will probably hold 400-500 but now Im scared to " put all my eggs in one bator "

I was thinking of posting some pics of my setup if anyone has an interest ... Mrf

I had the same thing happen, with a real power outage overnight. I am 8 days away from the hatch. I am not good at candling. so I will let yall know if I have any success.

Opps, I forgot to say the eggs had only been in the incubator about 4 days, when the power outage occurred.

out of 36 eggs candled 7 were no starts and the rest are all moving quite a bit ... will post final results in a day or two

Here is the incubator I built from a fridge and a vinyl window and some other parts I had lying around . First run and I still have to tidy up some electrical but it works like a charm. If you look at the eggs they are in an aluminum holder I made so you just have to roll it back and forth for very easy turning at some point I want to build an auto turner probably off of this idea. The fridge works out well as I just brood them in the bottom drawers as they crack and after they start getting busy flip them over to my brooder that I built.

And so far 12 chicks have hatched and more on the way the drop in temp does not seem to have impacted them as per Sourland's words of wisdom !

Back
Top Bottom