Incubator build

I'm super excited for you!

I keep finding my self in front of my incubator staring in at the eggs (I still have a long way to go) Lol.
when do you candle the eggs the first time?
can you get a picture of the hatching eggs ?

Good Luck !

thanks, I just brought in a sliky/cochin broody hen, I washed and dried her gave her 3 EE eggs to sit on she clucked when I gave them to her and the eggs wobbled and peeped!

I would candle on day 7 day 5 the earliest, what you should see is a dark mass, or a spidery looking thing, if you just can see a clear yolk that is not dark it may be infertile.

I will get a pic of the eggs as they hatch!

That's Really Cool !
smile.png

three EE eggs hatched last night, pics soon. MY comp was out last night.

I had momma in the dark in a small box, and she sat on all the eggs. she did squish a baby though. probably the box size she could not turn too well.
sad.png

2 that were due on the 19th were a quitters (they were fridge eggs and came so close), and my last one due on the 19th is still in the egg, moving around but not doing too much, I have more due today, but late today since I set them late 3 weeks ago. I will be patient.let's give'm until friday at least, many are in their air cell so hopefully tomorrow at the latest.

I named the eggs that hatched Meredith, (hen squished her), Helene, and Jan. POP quiz does anyone know what popular t.v. show had people with those names?
idunno.gif

Hello everyone, just doing a update on my incubating eggs. This is the 9th day, I candled the eggs to day all seem to be going well . you can see 22 chicks moving around in there shells,not sure about the other three but i think i saw something so i put them back and I'll check again in about 4 days or so. I'll do another update then. Thank You for all your time. have a great night. happy hatching
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hello, doing an update on my eggs,
This is the 18th day and they are now in lockdown. I'll let you know when they start to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom