1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Incubator choice advice please?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wendym, Sep 13, 2013.

1. wendym

wendym New Egg

Sep 13, 2013
    Hi everyone,
    Just looking at buying an easier to use incubator and trying to decide between a RCom and Brinslea - either one will be going for the fully automatic one as the 2 incubators I am running now are so hands on that I may as well be sitting on the eggs myself! Would really appreciate your opinions on how you have found the above? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

You can research incubators in the Incubating and Hatching Eggs section of the Forum - good luck.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    :welcome Second the check out the Incubating & Hatching Eggs Forum. I have Brinseas, the AdvEx 20&40 size with the humidity pump, they are pretty much just set and leave them go. I just candle/weigh the eggs periodically and adjust the humidity accordingly. Do like hatching in Genesis 1588s because they are a lot easier to clean than the Brinseas.

4. wendym

wendym New Egg

Sep 13, 2013
    Brilliant! thanks for that - we have a hatcher incubator so I think the Brinsea is winning right now [​IMG] thanks for your help

5. wendym

wendym New Egg

Sep 13, 2013
    Thanks for that - just been cruising through there and realised it answered many of my questions
    [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]OR for the natural & easy way get some silkie pullets, they usually go broody often and you can slip other fertile eggs under thems have that just for that reaso

8. wendym

wendym New Egg

Sep 13, 2013
    Thank you [​IMG]Looking forward to much chicken chat and advice.

9. wendym

wendym New Egg

Sep 13, 2013
    LOl we do use broodies too but the incubators are an easier option (or at least they used to be - the incubators that we are using right now are seriously hard work and stressful). [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by