Incubator choice advice please?

wendym

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 13, 2013
Hi everyone,
Just looking at buying an easier to use incubator and trying to decide between a RCom and Brinslea - either one will be going for the fully automatic one as the 2 incubators I am running now are so hands on that I may as well be sitting on the eggs myself! Would really appreciate your opinions on how you have found the above? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

You can research incubators in the Incubating and Hatching Eggs section of the Forum - good luck.

:welcome Second the check out the Incubating & Hatching Eggs Forum. I have Brinseas, the AdvEx 20&40 size with the humidity pump, they are pretty much just set and leave them go. I just candle/weigh the eggs periodically and adjust the humidity accordingly. Do like hatching in Genesis 1588s because they are a lot easier to clean than the Brinseas.

Brilliant! thanks for that - we have a hatcher incubator so I think the Brinsea is winning right now
thumbsup.gif
thanks for your help

Thanks for that - just been cruising through there and realised it answered many of my questions
thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif
OR for the natural & easy way get some silkie pullets, they usually go broody often and you can slip other fertile eggs under thems have that just for that reaso

LOl we do use broodies too but the incubators are an easier option (or at least they used to be - the incubators that we are using right now are seriously hard work and stressful).
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom