Incubator Eggs

Flyinbolts

Songster
Aug 20, 2019
West Michigan
I've had eggs in since the 23rd/24th
Drake is a Khaki - only 1 in the flock unless something made a pitstop to say hi and I missed it
Ducks are: Cayuga, Pekin, Runner, Khaki, Mallard, Rouen

Today is day 28 for 1 of the remaining from the 23rd May - other cracked and was removed
Today is day 27 for the other 3 of the remaining from the 24th May

I have 0 pips, eggs do seem to move when I quack at them but it's barely a wiggle. No sound of baby peeps.

Eggs are dark aside from air sac, humidity went from 52% to 68% roughly over the past few days and I've been waiting to hear peeps before true lockdown. Temperature went from around 99.5*f to 98.5*f for lockdown. (these are all averages since it's not a digital control). Also stopped the egg rotating a couple days ago.

Have pictures from the 25/26th day and they appear OK - attached one - it's dirty but it was wiped off before setting. I had one that I cleaned that ended up being bad early on with no development while others were progressing.

Anything else I can do or is it a waiting game at this point? I'm so ready to have silkies that will sit and do this for me. Incubators are nice but it's so much upkeep and I don't trust myself with it.

Attachments

• 20200618_170802[1].jpg
    20200618_170802[1].jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 4
well if you are seeing veins I'd say you're good so far. Duck eggs can take longer to hatch unless they are mine and those arrive 1 1/2 days early so just watch and wait it out. I know it's hard not to check every 5 minutes all day and night isn't it!

Back
Top Bottom