Incubator for turkey eggs

kangababy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 30, 2010
Alabama
I am looking into getting an incubator for Turkey eggs.. any suggestions?

we have 10 hen Blue Slate Hens and at the rate they are going I will have too many eggs to for my chickens to be able to set on.. in a weekend we got 5 eggs and over this week at least 15... I kow last year we hand probably 150 eggs and I had alot smaller flock then. But we had the humifidy wrong and had a very low hatch rate.. We are still learning so any pointers would be good..we are raising them for us to have to eat and family/friends

With ten hens you'll need several of the Styrofoam incubators if you really want to hatch as many of them as possible.

I'm using a Dickey cabinet incubator myself and it does well. Seriously thinking about getting a hatcher too.

A.T. Hagan :

With ten hens you'll need several of the Styrofoam incubators if you really want to hatch as many of them as possible.

I'm using a Dickey cabinet incubator myself and it does well. Seriously thinking about getting a hatcher too.

Don't do it! Then you will need another bator also!
lol.png

Quote:
It will be hard to find one used this time of year. It is best to look late summer or fall when people stop hatching but just keep looking everyday, several times a day. Be sure to check the surrounding areas. I missed a gqf hatcher and incubator that was like new for $200 for both by 1 hour!!!! It was one of those deals where the dad in Texas had died and the son came in from Cali to sell everything while he was here. He also sold the guy a GQF 5 stack brooder for $100.00!!!!!! I coluld have pulled my hair out.

Back
Top Bottom