Incubator - good or bad??

mrs_ed

Songster
9 Years
Mar 15, 2010
Phx, AZ
I have been looking for the best incubator as close to $100 as possible, was thinking of buying this one...

GQF Thermal-Flow Hova-Bator Air Egg Incubator w/ Universal Automatic Egg Turner...its on amazon new for 94.99.

Yes? No?

Never hatched chicks before but really want to start this fall when it cools off some.

Any help would be SUPER!
big_smile.png

The Hovabators are pretty respectable and loads of folk on here really like them. I've not used them myself, so I'm just reporting what I've read...

Totally go with the Hovabator. You should also install a simple and cheap computer fan into the lid to help keep internal temp consistent and eliminate thermal layering. Stay as far aay as possible from the Little Giant (with or without a fan). Happy hatching!

I just bought a Brinsea mini advance incubator directly from Brinsea for $128. It was on sale and saved an extra 10 percent when i joined their facebook page. It does only hold 7 eggs though, which may not be what you're looking for? I haven't used it yet, as I just got it this afternoon.

I have that same incubator kit and it has worked well. I got it off ebay for 70. I have hatched out about 20 cchicks so far. Its full right now with all kinds of eggs, quail, turkey, a couple different chicken breeds. I would go with it because personally for $100 a hovabator is the best bet.

I would spend a little more an get the one with a fan in it or wire my own fan but other than that its a great incubator.

Peeper, the LG has a cheep electronic thermostat that is very touchy to set an has a very high failure rate. The Hova-bator still uses a old school wafer thermostat that has been proven in incubators sense before electricity.

Back
Top Bottom