Incubator/hatcher stress!~

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, Apr 25, 2008.

  1. Mom 2em All

    Mom 2em All Songster

    Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    On April 18th, I purchased a second incubator from eBay- I purposely chose a seller from Michigan so I wouldn't have too long to wait. As soon as I 'buy it now" 'd I paid with Paypal. Then I received an automated message asking for payment. I replied that I had already paid by paypal, etc. They didnt reply.

    Well, two days ago, I emailed again asking if it had shipped yet.
    No reply yet. :eek:

    I just emailed again, slightly more firm and slightly irritated-however, way less irritated and frustrated than I really feel.

    I think I am mainly irritated that I have not received any further correspondence and also: I ordered a second digital hygrometer/thermometer after the incubator. It is a big store based in New York and I received that already. Like three days afterward.

    My two little Serama eggs are on day 16 today. The other eggs are on Day 11 and Day 4.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  2. jimnjay

    jimnjay Songster

    Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    What was the feed back on the seller? That really is frustrating. I think all you can do at this point is be prepared with an emergency hatcher of some sort. Electric skillet, Clamp light and Plastic box, anything to get the eggs a place to hatch.
  3. Mom 2em All

    Mom 2em All Songster

    Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Well, they are a 'power seller' with over 900 feedback items, 99% positive feedback so I thought I was safe.
    Yes, tonight I will have to devise a hatcher. I wonder if I should make something to put the 'not ready' eggs in, and leave my two little Seramas right where they are-considering that they are hard to hatch to begin with. I am so worried about screwing something up right here at the end. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: