Incubator help needed

wthchristi

Chick-A-Palooza
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Kent
Oops..I think I messed up. I bought a GQF 1266 from craigslist and immediately put in 2 dozen eggs. 4 days later I set another 120 eggs. Ummm...how do I hatch the first babies (22 are developing) while the others still need to turn. There is no bottom hatching area. Can I move the shelves, or keep one from moving, aww crud. I can't buy another one, lol. Please help! Day 18 on the first 24 is next week. Also, how can I use the shelves as a hatcher? It seems like I need something to keep them secure so the little cuties do not take a 2 story beak dive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
smile.png
)

Nope auto turner....ooohhhh, I can shut off auto turner and hand turn the top 2 shelfs for the last couple days. Will that hurt the hatching chicks on the lower tray?

Quote:
Staggered hatches are a pain, right??? I am not sure, but I cannot see how the turner would affect the ones in lockdown. I myself have not figured out a staggered hatch yet..... I say go for it and see what happens!!! I hope someone with more experi4ence pipes in coughspeckledhencough.

I'm not sure if this is a possibility or not, but what I did was purchase a relatively inexpensive LG incubator (available at most Tractor Supply Company stores or most feed stores) to use as a hatcher. I just make sure my eggs I set are at least three days apart so I will not have to disturb any eggs that are in the LG in lockdown in order to lockdown more eggs.

I don't have experience with cabinet incubators, but I would imagine that you would have to open the door in order to manually turn the shelves? If so, that would obviously mess up lockdown.

Good luck!

Kristen

Back
Top Bottom