Incubator help

I've found some references to it online, but no manuals (yet). It seems that it's an analog device.. which means that it's not computerized. You adjust the temperature by a knob on the front. It's not clear if there's an adjustment for humidity. The information I'm getting is sketchy at best :) What I have seen is that it's a fairly inexpensive device that will allow up to 60 eggs, and sells online for between $10 and $36.

I was recently looking for an incubator and found several fairly nice digital devices with humidity control, and automatic turning for under $100 and quite a few REALLY nice ones for just over $100 on Amazon. A quick search on eBay showed several as well.

It might be worth looking into one of these types of devices if you're new to hatching your eggs as the analog adjustment (as well as the potential lack of humidity control and turning) may make this incubator more work than you're willing to put into it. Your hatch percentage really relies on a very controlled environment. If your incubator can take care of a lot of the monitoring work, it's less hassle for you and a better hatch for those very valuable eggs.

Good luck in any event. I'll keep poking around on the net. If I find a users manual, I'll be happy to send it to you or post it somewhere on the site. I'm pretty new here myself and haven't found all the corners yet.

--scott

I've found some references to it online, but no manuals (yet). It seems that it's an analog device.. which means that it's not computerized. You adjust the temperature by a knob on the front. It's not clear if there's an adjustment for humidity. The information I'm getting is sketchy at best :) What I have seen is that it's a fairly inexpensive device that will allow up to 60 eggs, and sells online for between $10 and $36.

I was recently looking for an incubator and found several fairly nice digital devices with humidity control, and automatic turning for under $100 and quite a few REALLY nice ones for just over $100 on Amazon. A quick search on eBay showed several as well.

It might be worth looking into one of these types of devices if you're new to hatching your eggs as the analog adjustment (as well as the potential lack of humidity control and turning) may make this incubator more work than you're willing to put into it. Your hatch percentage really relies on a very controlled environment. If your incubator can take care of a lot of the monitoring work, it's less hassle for you and a better hatch for those very valuable eggs.

Good luck in any event. I'll keep poking around on the net. If I find a users manual, I'll be happy to send it to you or post it somewhere on the site. I'm pretty new here myself and haven't found all the corners yet.

--scott
Thank you so much for you time and help it’s very appreciated I hope you can find a users manual because I’ve had no luck.
Thanks again

OK, here are some links for you.
https://www.petandgarden.com.au/egg...-60-egg-manual-turning-poultry-incubator.html

How to operate/Operation demonstrate
1.Put water into water channel before operating incubator, the water level must be higher than the heater
2. Put eggs on the egg trays
3. Connect to power
4. Set temperature and humidity, etc

Thank you so much that video seemed to have a thermometer which we done have so headed out to get one tomorrow. And there doesn’t seem to be a heater in the bottom just the fan and heater at the top I’m a little worried now but I guess we will see how we go and I’ll just have to manually turn the eggs.
Wish me luck
And thanks again

Not having a second heater should not be an issue if there is a fan and the one heater is powerful enough. The important thing is to place the thermometer in between the eggs so it measures accurately. With so many missing parts, could you calibrate and test the incubator for at least 2 days before setting eggs?

Not having a second heater should not be an issue if there is a fan and the one heater is powerful enough. The important thing is to place the thermometer in between the eggs so it measures accurately. With so many missing parts, could you calibrate and test the incubator for at least 2 days before setting eggs?

This is very helpful Thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom