Incubator help

chkchk56

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 20, 2011
Hi group, I am new to raising chickens.. today was the 21st day with chicks in my incubator, the power went out for about 40 minutes, temp went down to 80 degrees and humidity went down to 50... did I lose them all now? :eek:(

also
welcome-byc.gif

I did.. the temp was dropping and I wanted to take out the 2 chicks that hatched yesterday to put near the woodstove in a towel .. I panicked thinking they would die

Derserthotwings, I did open it.. I feel now I shouldnt have , now I feel bad :eek:(

If it was a quick in and out, they might be just fine. Even if it wasn't, I'd give it plenty of time (at least another day or so). The internal temps of the eggs may not have dropped that far down.

Bobbi-J ,. thanx so much, I feel a bit better, so I will give the eggs extra time and see what happens, then post again!

My friends incubator was unplugged ALL NIGHT and they turned it back back on and the chicks ended up hatching just fine! My incubators had its ups and downs but I'm sure I'll get a few eggs to hatch! I can't seem to get a light bright enough to candle them and see whats going on. Good luck with your babies!

Back
Top Bottom