BYC PLEASE HELP! Humidity went down to 20 overnight!

chicken egg 405

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2024
hi,
this is my first time hatching chicken eggs,and the straw that connects the water to the incubator slipped out overnight,and the humidity went down to 20 😭
will the chicks still hatch?? :fl
PLEASE HELP, thanks!

hi,
this is my first time hatching chicken eggs,and the straw that connects the water to the incubator slipped out overnight,and the humidity went down to 20 😭
PLEASE HELP, thanks!
You can always restore the amount of humidity. But it's no guarantee, if they maybe shrink wrapped, or possibly just sticky.

If necessary, candling to see if they're still alive can give may help judge whether they're going to make it, or not.

It's still early. It's okay. As soon I wake up in the morning I add extra water to boost the humidity back up. You just don't want a long period of low humidity during lockdown, or hatch day.

You can always restore the amount of humidity. But it's no guarantee, if they maybe shrink wrapped, or possibly just sticky.

If necessary, candling to see if they're still alive can give may help judge whether they're going to make it, or not.
i'll candle on the 10th day of incubation to see if they are still alive
but,i'll keep u updated thanks!:)

hi,
PLEASE HELP, thanks!
One of my incubators is an NR360 and I'll bet every hatch it falls to even below 20 a few times. :th

I catch that within hours (or at least a day). It's not so critical like temps are, and is an average. Had it been lockdown, then I'd worry. I set alarms for myself those last three days.

One of my incubators is an NR360 and I'll bet every hatch it falls to even below 20 a few times. :th

I catch that within hours (or at least a day). It's not so critical like temps are, and is an average. Had it been lockdown, then I'd worry. I set alarms for myself those last three days.
my incubator has an alarm if it falls below 30 humidity
but somehow it didn't alarm me when humidity dropped to 20
maybe i was in deep sleep or something... LOL 😄

Back
Top Bottom