Incubator help

darajosami

Songster
5 Years
Jul 31, 2014
South West Victoria, Australia
At the moment I have moved the incubator to my room and i put it in a Styrofoam box as i was concerned the box it came in want allowing enough air to circulate, but it makes it so big. Will it be safe to put it in the cardboard box it came in with the foam surrounding it or will it not allow enough air to circulate when I have eggs in it? The instructions say to use the packaging box and foam but as you can see with the picture below it doesn't exactly allow much air around and at night I have to close it up with a book on it (to keep t closed) to keep the temperature at 47.5C.

There's no picture in your post, could you try again? I'm having a hard time picturing what your talking about. What king of incubator do you have?
My incubator doesn't go inside of anything and it really is important to leave the vent holes uncovered to allow air flow.

There's no picture in your post, could you try again? I'm having a hard time picturing what your talking about. What king of incubator do you have?
My incubator doesn't go inside of anything and it really is important to leave the vent holes uncovered to allow air flow.

when its in the box with lid open

when its in the box with book on top

when its in the box with lid open

when its in the box with book on top

Anyone?

So, I have taken some pics that are more up-to-date so no-one thinks I am overheating it
wink.png

This is how it is during the day This is how it is at night

The space around incubator during the day

The space around incubator at night

The only air vents I can find is this, and this is how much I leave it open at the moment.

Any advice greatly appreciated otherwise I may just have to wing it when I get fertile eggs and hope for the best
fl.gif

How does it hold temp outside of the box and styrofoam? I would be a little worried about air flow with that set up. If its pretty stable without all of the extra wrapping, I'd take it out and put it in a closet or other room that keeps stable temp. It probably wouldn't hurt to put some small vent holes in the bottom of the blue box either, since it sort of looks like your vents are only on the top.

I would think the air flow would be a concern. The instructions say to put it in the box?

Yes it does say to put it in the box with packing foam.

How does it hold temp outside of the box and styrofoam? I would be a little worried about air flow with that set up. If its pretty stable without all of the extra wrapping, I'd take it out and put it in a closet or other room that keeps stable temp. It probably wouldn't hurt to put some small vent holes in the bottom of the blue box either, since it sort of looks like your vents are only on the top.

It holds alright, but it drops considerably at night and struggles to get back up. I could try it with only foam around it and see how that goes. On it's own it doesn't hold heat well. To give you an idea, you can see my finger silhouette through the side.

Back
Top Bottom