incubator humidity problems

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HarrisOBIE, Mar 6, 2015.

1. HarrisOBIE

HarrisOBIE Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2014
    i have a janoel8-60Hz incubator. I'm having trouble with the humidity in the incubator. i am trying to get around 55% humidity but it has gone over. how do i get it to go back down I've tried to open it even though your not supposed to open it but that doesn't seem to work, what should i do?

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    How many channels did you fill with water?

-Kathy

3. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Does your base look like this one of these?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Kathy

4. jim2057

jim2057 New Egg

Jan 10, 2013
    I am also having trouble with humidity. I have the Janoel 8-48, clear bottom- square control panel, incubator. Apparently there are several knockoff versions. I know the humidity gauge reads low but it is also very inconsistent. My last 2 hatches had many fully formed chicks dead in the shell with lots of slime around them. Assumed the humidity in the incubator was too high. With the batch I now have in the incubator I have only added humidity using a small dish. Humidity stays around 20%. (separate gauge). Will see how the hatch goes. Beginning to believe that the humidity gauge is very sensitive to the room temperature and humidity and does not always measure what is inside. A lot of it doesn't make sense. Look for old comment where she hatches with no water added for first 18 days.

5. HarrisOBIE

Apr 7, 2014
    yes my channels look like that

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    How many channels did you put water in?

-Kathy

7. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    And welcome to BYC!

-Kathy

8. HarrisOBIE

Apr 7, 2014
    i could only see two channels because the egg turner was in the way.

9. HarrisOBIE

Apr 7, 2014
    when i got home, the incubator was beeping and the humidity went all the way down to 19%. i left when it was on 55%. i just don't understand how to get the incubator to get to 55% and stay there.

if anyone could give me some answers that would be great

10. HarrisOBIE

Apr 7, 2014
    and when i say that i can only see two channels i mean that i can only see two parts of those channels. the "s" shaped part in the center is the only thing that i can see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by