Incubator Humidity

idealfriends

In the Brooder
Jan 1, 2017
Today I start my incubator first time I add 27 eggs in incubator every thing working fine just humidity level 80 what I do to reduce humidity.
Outside incubator my normal humidity is 55 to 60

How much water do you have in your incubator? To reduce humidity you need reduce the surface area of water so some will need to be taken out if you have any in there. Is your hygrometer measuring the humidity correctly? Do you know that it's accurate? Also opening your vents and or plugs in the incubator can bring it down.

Did you set your eggs as soon as the incubator was up to temperature? Or did you run it for a while before setting your eggs?

[/IMG]

I use both hygrometer both same result first i put my eggs in incubator than water small container and than I on my incubator.
I use 3 bulb of 60 watts in incubator

Idealfriends,
Did you mean to say you put the eggs in, then turned the incubator on?

This could be the issue. The incubator needs to be at a at easy state before you add the eggs.

Idealfriends,
Did you mean to say you put the eggs in, then turned the incubator on?

This could be the issue. The incubator needs to be at a at easy state before you add the eggs.

Yes i first add eggs than start incubator and its not still air incubator fan installed in it and close all holes of incubator means almost air tight

[/IMG]

I use both hygrometer both same result first i put my eggs in incubator than water small container and than I on my incubator.
I use 3 bulb of 60 watts in incubator

Yes i first add eggs than start incubator and its not still air incubator fan installed in it and close all holes of incubator means almost air tight

Is your incubator home made? You need ventilations holes in your incubator as the eggs need to breathe and need oxygen. I'm afraid without oxygen or air flow the eggs will not develop. This is paramount for embryo development and for your eggs to lose moisture. If your eggs do not lose enough moisture and the air cell does not grow in them the embryos will not make it.

It's also advisable to get your incubator running and stable for at least a couple of days before adding eggs.

Please do have a read of this link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101 It's a wealth of information and has a great link to homemade incubators.

Is your incubator home made? You need ventilations holes in your incubator as the eggs need to breathe and need oxygen. I'm afraid without oxygen or air flow the eggs will not develop. This is paramount for embryo development and for your eggs to lose moisture. If your eggs do not lose enough moisture and the air cell does not grow in them the embryos will not make it.

It's also advisable to get your incubator running and stable for at least a couple of days before adding eggs.

Please do have a read of this link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101 It's a wealth of information and has a great link to homemade incubators.

Yes my incubator is home made I use 3 bulb of 60 watts and temperature set to 37.4 low and high 37.7

Back
Top Bottom