Incubator humidity

Can anyone tell me how to lower the humidity on this incubator?

push the
We are on day 1, just put them in. The timer counts down however many days you put on there so we started at 21 and it will count down from there. I removed one plug about an hour ago and the humidity has started going down some. It is now down to 56%.

I have the same... I was advised to throw the plugs away and do not use them... Never had a issue with the humidity without the plugs. Good Luck!

I highly recommend running to Wal-Mart to buy another thermometer or two (fish section of the store) and another humidity gauge AnD calibrating the thermometers and salt testing the humidity gauge. Highly recommend doing this today.
I have an outdoor temp and humidity gauge that I just stuck in there so I'll see what it says. Removing one plug has started bringing the humidity down. I'm assuming once it's down to where I want it I should put the plugs back in? At least that's what the directions said to do, said to leave them both in until they start to hatch.

I have an outdoor temp and humidity gauge that I just stuck in there so I'll see what it says. Removing one plug has started bringing the humidity down. I'm assuming once it's down to where I want it I should put the plugs back in? At least that's what the directions said to do, said to leave them both in until they start to hatch.
Throw the plugs in the trash.

I know what I am about to say sounds silly but trash the instructions too.:oops:

If you don't salt test your humidity gauge you won't know if it is correct, near correct it way off. Same with thermometers.

:lol: got it! haha
I know it just sounds weird and I wish I could explain it but it's not that simple. There are way too many variables and the instructions don't know this.
If you have calibrated instruments...you go by those and adjust accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom