Incubator humidity

Ashmab12

Chirping
Jan 15, 2019
South Carolina
Can anyone tell me how to lower the humidity on this incubator?

Attachments

• 4D8149AA-9CC1-413B-9026-A781467FD75E.jpeg
    4D8149AA-9CC1-413B-9026-A781467FD75E.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 18
I have an outdoor temp and humidity gauge that I just stuck in there so I'll see what it says. Removing one plug has started bringing the humidity down. I'm assuming once it's down to where I want it I should put the plugs back in? At least that's what the directions said to do, said to leave them both in until they start to hatch.
I know what I am about to say sounds silly but trash the instructions too.:oops:

Hi, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

Maybe you can remove water from the wells? Make sure all plugs are removed. Lift the lid and wipe off the condensation also.

I believe your gauge is off... have you calibrated it or do you have another to compare with? At 62% you should not be seeing condensation.

What day are you on? If your counter is correct... I might just leave it since you don't have that many eggs in there they shouldn't raise humidity too much farther when hatching. You can still wipe the condensation off the lid if you don't see pips already and you want to. But if hatching has started.. don't worry about it.

:fl:jumpy:jumpy
We are on day 1, just put them in. The timer counts down however many days you put on there so we started at 21 and it will count down from there. I removed one plug about an hour ago and the humidity has started going down some. It is now down to 56%.

I highly recommend running to Wal-Mart to buy another thermometer or two (fish section of the store) and another humidity gauge AnD calibrating the thermometers and salt testing the humidity gauge. Highly recommend doing this today.

I highly recommend running to Wal-Mart to buy another thermometer or two (fish section of the store) and another humidity gauge AnD calibrating the thermometers and salt testing the humidity gauge. Highly recommend doing this today.
I have an outdoor temp and humidity gauge that I just stuck in there so I'll see what it says. Removing one plug has started bringing the humidity down. I'm assuming once it's down to where I want it I should put the plugs back in? At least that's what the directions said to do, said to leave them both in until they start to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom