Incubator loaded for First Time

Pics
Thanks for taking a look. It seems I had 4 mal positioned. Three were lost and one still had some life so hoping he makes it. Helped it out and left in incubator to dry. The tracks seem really cool, but seeing how you had 100% last time I guess unnecessary lol

Thanks for taking a look. It seems I had 4 mal positioned. Three were lost and one still had some life so hoping he makes it. Helped it out and left in incubator to dry. The tracks seem really cool, but seeing how you had 100% last time I guess unnecessary lol
I put them this time because I had so many. If I do 12-15 again I probably won’t use them.

Sometimes when they struggle for a long time you may need to help it. I had a struggler 2 hatches ago, I gave it water with a Capri sun straw and put a tiny dust of food in the water, the tiniest specks, and gave it some every 2 hours for a full 20 hours before it was walking. After that I had it for a day with one sibling at a time because when I put it in with them it kept falling over. All in all it was day 3 that I put it in the brooder with the rest, and it was a full 2 days behind as far as feather growth and size. She ( I hope) is the biggest one at just over 6 weeks.

Great idea with the straw, sounds like I need to keep a closer eye on this chick. I'm hoping it fluffs up and I can toss it in with the rest like the others have been. So since yours just popped are you expecting to wake up to chicks or thinking they won't be here till tomorrow afternoon.

Great idea with the straw, sounds like I need to keep a closer eye on this chick. I'm hoping it fluffs up and I can toss it in with the rest like the others have been. So since yours just popped are you expecting to wake up to chicks or thinking they won't be here till tomorrow afternoon.
I predict the first will hatch tomorrow at about noon. I won’t be shocked if there’s a chick in the morning tho.

Looking forward to some pics. Hope you have a high hatch rate. It looks like I'm at about 50% so hopefully still a few more to come out but I'm still super happy with my first ever hatch.

No chicks yet, but one is zipping!
1B4726B4-8574-4E07-9F9F-7856976A30AF.jpeg

So close now, you were pretty much spot on with your time estimate! The runt from yesterday seems to be doing ok on its own so far. I left it in the incubator over night and placed it in the brooder this am. I've seen it eat and drink, plus it's walking has improved. I'm thinking I'm going to end up with these ten. I was thinking of waiting till tonight then trying to do the water viability test with the remaining dozen eggs. How long do you usaully wait to toss any no pip eggs?

So close now, you were pretty much spot on with your time estimate! The runt from yesterday seems to be doing ok on its own so far. I left it in the incubator over night and placed it in the brooder this am. I've seen it eat and drink, plus it's walking has improved. I'm thinking I'm going to end up with these ten. I was thinking of waiting till tonight then trying to do the water viability test with the remaining dozen eggs. How long do you usaully wait to toss any no pip eggs?
I would wait until day 20, but if they pipped on the side and stopped progressing for a long stretch you should check them.

Back
Top Bottom