incubator lost power

Hello!

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback and help! Yesterday, I did start attempting to help the chick because it seemed like it was panting, kept picking at the same spot, but wasn't moving at all. I watched several videos and read tons before my attempt. Last night, I peeled the shell away but noticed some of the veins were still too big and saw some blood. I put some wet paper towels around it and made sure the chick had an opening for air by where it's beak was. This morning, I checked and it was chirping much louder. I peeled back more shell and saw that the membrane looked like it should to hatch. I just helped enough and put in back to hatch in the incubator. It worked! The chick was definitely taxed and way more tired than the others, but now, it is chirping and running around with the rest! 4 healthy chicks. One was dead in the shell. The other 2 weren't fertile. I am a happy person this morning. I was afraid none of them would make it after losing almost a whole day of incubation time. Thank you!!!!

How can you hatch eggs for your students if your students aren't in class at school? You could have at least recorded it and showed it to all the little rugrats!

How can you hatch eggs for your students if your students aren't in class at school? You could have at least recorded it and showed it to all the little rugrats!

I absolutely did take pictures and videos! They got to see 3 of the 4 hatch. I obviously did not video the one that I helped! Yes! I uploaded pictures of all the pips and made loom videos. Since the project was already paid for by my school, we had the program drop the equipment at my house so I could take pictures and videos for the kids! They are now submitting names they want for each chick, and I will pull from a bin so they can name them. It is just sad they can't hold them. They are still super excited though! One of my students has a grandpa who had a farm. She candled some quail eggs to show us.

I thought I mentioned that, but may have forgotten given the stressful situation.

My four little chicks!

Attachments

• 20200514_132403.jpg
    20200514_132403.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200514_132904.jpg
    20200514_132904.jpg
    627 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom