Incubator & movement in egg. - RIP Chip/Chipette

He is just a wonderful delight. He has started to learn cues (stop, come, fast, slow down). He knows his name by now and he just loves to cuddle in my neck. He is currently sleeping and is so cute.
Two of the eggs are shaking and one of them are already externally pipped (mentioned already), so maybe by Sunday or Monday we'll have another. ;D
Well don't forget the pics. LOL I am so thankful this little one is doing so well.
highfive.gif

Oh don't worry, I'm currently collecting pics and will be posting them by this afternoon.

Also the externally pipped egg has gotten a little more work done but is still a little way from hatching so hopefully he'll get to work!

Oh don't worry, I'm currently collecting pics and will be posting them by this afternoon.
Also the externally pipped egg has gotten a little more work done but is still a little way from hatching so hopefully he'll get to work!
Well your an ole pro at it now and know it does take a while since they have to rest so much in between, But your new lil one will soon have a buddy thats exciting. Does this one have a crest or can you tell yet?

Krackle is so loud when me and my family aren't in the same room with him. He is so attached to us and it would be so great for him to have a little buddy. He will have one soon!
And yes he definitely has the crested but its small just like his/her parents had when they were young. Definitely a cute lil one.
Posting pics around noon.

Krackle is so loud when me and my family aren't in the same room with him. He is so attached to us and it would be so great for him to have a little buddy. He will have one soon!
And yes he definitely has the crested but its small just like his/her parents had when they were young. Definitely a cute lil one.
Posting pics around noon.
pop.gif

He is so energetic that it's hard to take pictures of him but this is what I could get so far:

YAWNNNNNNN!

Nap time.

& There's my photos !

He is waiting for his little brother/sister to come out but the other egg is resting a lot.
He needs his little partner to hatch so he'll have a new play mate !
We introduced water & food to him yesterday and he eats teaspoons at a time, so we decided to put bowls in there for him.
The water bowl is big enough for him to get into but only his body so no chance of drowning but he seems to love the water.
When can we let him go in like 2 inches of water?
Thanks.

He is so energetic that it's hard to take pictures of him but this is what I could get so far:

YAWNNNNNNN!

Nap time.

& There's my photos !

He is waiting for his little brother/sister to come out but the other egg is resting a lot.
We introduced water & food to him yesterday and he eats teaspoons at a time, so we decided to put bowls in there for him.
The water bowl is big enough for him to get into but only his body so no chance of drowning but he seems to love the water.
Thanks.
He can swim now in the sink as long as you are right there to make sure he doesn't jump out and doesn't tire out. just put enough water in up to his body, then when done wrap him in a towel and right back under the heat lamp. Some say wait but Mama duck takes hers right into the water. Sure is a cutie!!

YAWNNNNNNN!

Nap time.

& There's my photos !

Thanks.
My little Willow took to water right away, Ivy tried to jump out like "omg my feet are wet!" They went swimming within the first couple weeks though in warm shallow water. They hoped around like little frogs! I took them in the shower with me a lot too and they loved that (after I finished soaping and rinsing of course )

Will probably introduce him to water soon, sounds like he'll have some fun !

UPDATE:
First egg has gotten through with it's bill/beak out of the shell so maybe by morning.
The second egg has gotten a little further by now, can see him pushing and shaking.
And now we have a THIRD egg shaking and pipped externally.
So maybe by Monday or Tuesday all will be out and HOPEFULLYYYYY healthy !

Back
Top Bottom