Incubator question...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SunAngel, Oct 22, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    This is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone would happen to know if the LG egg turner will fit in a 1588 Genesis Hova-Bator?

The turners look the same in the pictures, as far as design, but hard to tell what the actual dimensions are.

I used a still air LG for my first attempt at hatching eggs, which turned out to be a real flop and only gave me 1 bright eyed chick out of the whole ordeal. I really want a Hova-Bator now, but we just bought the turner for the LG (the incubator was borrowed). Was hoping I could just buy a HB and use the turner I already have.

2. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    If it doesn't fit, you can always build one to fit it. Thats what I did. I wanted to get away from styrofoam and have something that will last for a long time.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got a LG turner that I use in one of my 1588s.

4. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Really? That would be great! Then I could save some money by getting a 1588 without the turner.

Thanks for the help [​IMG]

I have thought about trying to build one, but I am not very good at that sort of thing. I am still trying to gather the courage to try the incubating thing again.

5. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Me, too! I have a new LG turner that I use in an old Hovabator - fits perfectly and works like a charm!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by