Incubator questions

Hello [COLOR=333333]bookpyjamas - welcome to the forum.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]1.  You said that you were from a tropical country.  What is the normal air temperature there?  If the typical weather is hot I think a 25W bulb will be enough plenty enough, especially if you have a well insulated box like a foam or ice chest.  It doesn't take much heat to keep an incubator warm in a hot climate.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]2.  May I ask how old you are?  More specifically, are you experienced with safe wiring of high voltage electricity?  If not please be extra careful.  May want to ask an adult for help.  You are right to be concerned about fire hazard.  Be careful with electricity shock too, and especially with safe, insulated wiring.  It will be humid, sometimes wet, inside the box so make sure you know what you're doing.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Don't mean to scare you or discourage you from raising quails and chickens.  It's a lot of fun, especially when you can incubate your own eggs.  But please be safe and get some help if you need it.  Better safe than sorry. [/COLOR]

The normal temperature at my place is 30°c - 32°c, and on really hot days it can be 35°c.

I asked my father and my teacher for help right from the beginning :) my father is a technician all his life and he is experience in these areas :eek: You are right about being safe than sorry. Thank you cookiesdaddy and everyone :)

It is possible, but it's really hard to maintain temperature. 3 months ago i hatched 2 quail using this method actually. I just started to incubate more last night seen as 1 of my hens died a few days ago.

It is possible, but it's really hard to maintain temperature. 3 months ago i hatched 2 quail using this method actually. I just started to incubate more last night seen as 1 of my hens died a few days ago.

I am so sorry for your hen! :(

Back
Top Bottom