Incubator Recommendations

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by E.M. Silkies, Oct 31, 2010.

1. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok so I'm looking into buying an incubator and I want suggestions from the bator veterans on which is best. I would like to have an automatic turner and I would like to have 100% hatch rates every time!! Ok I know that's not realistic. I am on a budget--but I also don't want to buy a crappy bator. I think I read something about a bator that took care of the humidity itself(?) That would be nice too, but it's not a requirement. I'm new at incubators so I don't want anything complicated. I don't need a huge one but I want to be able to more than like 6 eggs at a time. Probably 25+

Ok suggestions.....?

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Brinsea Octogon 20 Advance Ex...

plug and play... holds 20 to 24 eggs depending on how big they are.

3. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Brinsea all the way.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Yup, Brinsea. I have 2 Brinsea MiniAdvance units, 2 Brinsea MiniAdvance EX units, 1 R-Com Mini, and 3, yes, THREE Brinsea Octagon20 Advance EX units. But then again, I am certifiable. Not sure as what, yet.....

Sorry about the sideways view - I haven't been able to fix that!
    [​IMG]

And in the bookcase, too...
    [​IMG]

5. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    I have a GQF Sportsman 1502, second one ive had....couldnt not be happier!!!

many, many 100% hatchs!!!

just my 2 cents [​IMG][​IMG]

6. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    Quote:Well of course you have three! Just one doesn't hold nearly enough eggs! HA!! I love it. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Still doing my research then hopefully a buy will be in the near future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by