Incubator switch,can you do it?

chickenfarmergal

Songster
10 Years
Mar 20, 2011
Columbia, SC
A friend of mine is a newbie with her incubator as am I and I told her about this great group to join so I hope she does. She's got a Styrofoam one and is having a horrible time keeping it with the right temp etc. She was going to order this morning a Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 but it wouldn't be here till Monday. Her eggs would be like 8-9 days in the incubator. Is it possible to switch incubators at that point? She only has 12 eggs in hers currently.

You can remove eggs to candle them so I don't see why you couldn't move incubators (bring the new incubator up to temp before hand, though).

I'd be more concerned with starting off incubation in a homemade incubator that has fluctuating temperatures.

Yes! You can certainly switch them over :) The success rate might be iffy because of how she started them, but as long as she knows not to base her success off of this hatch. Just make sure the incubator is running for a bit and up to proper humidity and temperature (and keeping it) before she switches them! I usually run mine at least 12 hours before I put eggs in it.

Back
Top Bottom