Incubator Temp Spike on day 18!!!! :( please help!!

SilverFire5467

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 2, 2011
CT
Hi I have 21 eggs in a still air foam incubator. I have kept the temp at 99 for three weeks, the night of the 17the day I checked all the eggs and candled them. All seemed fine so I went to bed. This morning, day 18, I found the incubator at some point spiked to 110 over night!!!!
hit.gif
I immediately fixed the temp so now it is steady again but when I candled the eggs, everything was still, I saw no movement. I am afraid the temp spike has killed them all. what are the chances that some lived? I plan on keeping on schedule and seeing if any hatch but I dont think theres much hope left... opinions?

That is very sad, Im sorry. I think you should just wait until "due" date and see what happens. I hope for the best for you and all of your chicks!
hugs.gif

<3 kelsey

I would definetly keep going, still air incubators are tricky to use, I'm using one myself and I notice temperture changes are frequent, so keep close eye on it and keep it away from drafts and direct sunlight. Happy hatching to you I hope!

Unfortunately none of the eggs survived the spike. I have decided to move the incubator and start a new set of eggs this weekend!

Unfortunately none of the eggs survived the spike. I have decided to move the incubator and start a new set of eggs this weekend!

What a bummer! It's always so frustrating to be so close to hatch day and have something like that happen. Thanks for sharing your experience--I've had that happen to me too (my first time with dry incubation) and had the same results. Live and learn I guess! Good for you starting over & I hope your future hatch goes well!

Back
Top Bottom