Incubator Tempature Keeps Going Up and Down [Help]

I don't understand the need for a heat sink. A heat sink is something that carries heat away. You don't want that. The eggs are a thermal mass, something that retains heat. It's easy to get the two confused, but don't let talk of thermal mass or heat sink worry you, you are doing OK in that regard.

What you are measuring is air temperature. That fluctuates a lot more than the heat inside the denser eggs, which is what matters. The inside of the eggs are pretty slow to heat up and cool down relative to the air temperature. The average temperature in the incubator is much more important than the instantaneous temperature. Obviously you don't want extremes but you are not even close to extremes.

The fluctuation you are seeing in the air temperature is a function of how far the thermostat is from the heat source and where your thermometer is in the incubator. If your temperature ranges are correct you are doing fabulous. The average temperature is great.

I don't know how your specific incubator manages humidity. It sounds like you fill some kind of external reservoir and the incubator senses what the humidity is inside and adjusts from that. In that kind of incubator you can see a bit of fluctuation. Again, it's the average that counts, not a high or low.

How do you adjust the humidity on that specific incubator? Can you just turn a dial or do you have to add or remove water from reservoirs inside. I can't help you adjust that humidity if I don't know how your specific incubator works.

I don't understand the need for a heat sink. A heat sink is something that carries heat away. You don't want that.
you are thinking a heat sink for a computer,
upload_2017-9-23_11-14-43.jpeg

a heat sink for a bator is different, i have also seen people adding ceramic tiles

it just says how to set huminty
Press Button SET for 3 seconds
press button + or - untill as is isutrated
press button set
press button + or - to set required humidty value

i did this all and set it to 30

Call, e-mail, or somehow contact the manufacturer of the incubator and chat with them. Either you are missing a step, you are not giving it time to stabilize, or it is not working correctly.

Back
Top Bottom