Incubator temperature

So, I've had 9 eggs in the incubator and had to take one out the other day because it smelled bad. I cracked it open and saw that there had been something developing for sure, I looked at development pics and I'd guess it died at day 4-5. Now I've also tried to candle the eggs. In some I do see veins. I have never seen any movement though, but I guess veins are a good sign. Now in most of the eggs I can't see anything, some are very porous (I can definitely see that) and they just seem like nothing's developing inside, and in a few I can see something appears to be floating up and down as I move it (I do not think that's a good sign but I trow nothing out unless it smells as I may be possibly mistaken floating for movements). Most eggs are very dark and maybe that's why hard to see inside them, but my inexperience does not help! Candling (with an LED flashlight in complete darkness) has made me pretty nervous and disappointed at times :(

I took my time candling last night and could definitely recognize veins in most and even some movement in some of those when holding the egg and flashlight all steady (day 11, that was my first successful attempt!) I also think to have seen 2-3 eggs with no development, and one with veins but it looked like the air bubble (that's supposed to be on the head or wide part ) was floating up depending which way I held the egg. I really do not want to throw anything out in case I just misjudge though... unless an egg starts smelling. Quite an adventure. Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom